LegacyGT.com

Where to Find Shift Linkage for '95 5MT?

I've got a '95 wagon that is in desperate need for some new bushings and/or shift linkage, but I'm having a hard time finding parts for it. Does anyone have recommendations for where to find these? I'm not looking to spend very much as the car is just a beater.

Also, I'm assuming it's just bad linkage, but it sometimes it will only go into 1st or 2nd gear (the rest do come back though, and when they are there they feel fine, so I don't think it's a problem with the gears themselves). The shifter is also terribly sloppy and can be wobbled back and forth as if it is in neutral even when it is in gear, and 3rd sometimes moves around (sometimes it's where you's expect, sometimes it's closer to where 5th would be).

The parts are discontinued from SOA.  Not sure if you will find aftermarket as the cars were low production number/sales.  But, Subies are like Legos and I believe you can use parts from a later model year and possibly a WRX.  Sounds like a Frankenstein is not what you are looking for.  Sorry. 

366494935003.png

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, m sprank said:

The parts are discontinued from SOA.  Not sure if you will find aftermarket as the cars were low production number/sales.  But, Subies are like Legos and I believe you can use parts from a later model year and possibly a WRX.  Sounds like a Frankenstein is not what you are looking for.  Sorry. 

366494935003.png

Looks like the same as what's on my '03. I'm not too bothered about having to Frankenstein it (as long as it's not terribly difficult) as it's just a project/beater car. 

Thanks for the help, I might have to poke around some local scrap yards.

They are all very similar.  I have seen mixes of multiple cars and Kartboy parts in one car, LOL.  Thats why i used the "Lego" reference.  I am fairly certain you can do it by using newer year parts with no modification. 

• Like 1

I have the two sets of slightly used bushings that you would need for a 5mt if interested, just let me know.

They are out of an '05, but that looks the same.

I have the #8 & #13 set and the #17 set

I may also have #4 as well, a short kartboy shifter, and an assortment of shift knobs... :lol:

• Like 1

On 3/14/2023 at 8:05 PM, Infosecdad said:

I have the two sets of slightly used bushings that you would need for a 5mt if interested, just let me know.

They are out of an '05, but that looks the same.

I have the #8 & #13 set and the #17 set

I may also have #4 as well, a short kartboy shifter, and an assortment of shift knobs... :lol:

How much would you be wanting for them? 

Here you go.

IMG_9810.thumb.jpg.81a2a92be142d5282640f6856213872d.jpg

Those are the main bushings you would want. If I remember correctly there is a narrower shifter and a slightly wider one.

Those four shift bushings are 3 wider (~1.5") and 1 narrower (~1.3"), so you may want to measure the width of your shifter.

Let me know what you might be interested in and your zipcode and I'll let you know the possible cost.

• Like 1