LegacyGT.com

Front License Plate Mount

When I purchased my 23 Legacy GT a few months back there was no license plate mounting bracket for the front plate, nor do I see anywhere to mount a standard bracket on the front grill or bumper.  Can someone help me out here?

Yes, I now see the dimples on the white crossbar.  Unfortunately they are at a 45 degree angle, not vertical so one assumes the bracket has to be a custom job.  The Carworx product will no doubt work, thanks for posting.  It is a little pricey for a simple bracket ($43) but I guess that might be the only option. 

2 minutes ago, fourD2 said:

Yes, I now see the dimples on the white crossbar.  Unfortunately they are at a 45 degree angle, not vertical so one assumes the bracket has to be a custom job.  The Carworx product will no doubt work, thanks for posting.  It is a little pricey for a simple bracket ($43) but I guess that might be the only option. 

You'll probably want to contact them about a '23 Legacy one. They are shaped to fit the bumper exactly and since the '23 has a new front bumper, the '20-'22 might not fit well. 

'21 Limited XT

Subaru Ambassador since 2015

That is a good thought.  I did look in the trunk well and there was no mounting hardware so I called the local dealer.  For states such as mine (Wisconsin) where a front plate is required there is a custom bracket that can be ordered to accommodate the new bumper fascia on the 2023 model.  It was only $29 so I thought that was worth it.  So I think my problem is solved.  Thanks to all who chimed in.

• Like 1