LegacyGT.com

2011 lgt overboost?

Hello fellow legacy owners and enthusiasts

i just purchased a 2011 lgt and I love it! 
but as I’ve driven it I noticed my boost gauge peaks to over 25psi and I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of correcting that as I don’t feel it is in safe boost pressures

a little info about the car:

69k miles

Has aftermarket intercooler (unknown brand)

invidia exhaust

unknown chargepipe

i know it had a Cobb access port but car did not come with it when I bought it and dealership had no further information about the vehicle.

A4E79612-5519-49F3-B140-F2D0D4005DD5.png

37CACB56-A676-4D67-B13D-F438E5CC7CCD.png

8A8AEBBC-0EF8-4986-8384-32C21B4667DF.png

EA4D56CF-E17F-46C4-A3CB-DBD70875068B.png

So what other mods does it have - you should not be hitting 25 psi with a stock tune - I'd be worried you are running lean... 

Also -what stereo is in there?  There looks to be a dial next to the passenger heated seat light - what is that for? (it's not stock)

You might also consider joining the 5th gen legacy gt Facebook group, someone there may recognize the car. I remember seeing that intercooler with the reflective heat wrap, but not on which platform, either here or the FB group. I would have a tuner look at it for sure. They should be able to tell you if it was tuned or not.

3 hours ago, Aleefabs808 said:

Thanks yeah that is the car I have and I guess I got more info about the car I knew it was tuned but idk what would cause the boost spike at wot

Cold weather, wastegate not opening all he way, tune needs adjustment. 

Yeah a boost spike like that at WOT may be telling of an issue with the wastegate. Could be too small, or there is a mechanical issue causing it to not open fully. 

Could be the boost control solenoid as well since that controls what the wastegate sees. 
Could be helpful to do some logging and see what the wastegate duty cycle is when you're overboosting. 

1 hour ago, Aphex28 said:

Yeah a boost spike like that at WOT may be telling of an issue with the wastegate. Could be too small, or there is a mechanical issue causing it to not open fully. 

Could be the boost control solenoid as well since that controls what the wastegate sees. 
Could be helpful to do some logging and see what the wastegate duty cycle is when you're overboosting. 

Okay I’ll try that and see what happens I was thinking it could be the ebcs but wastegate could also be an issue too…

I read on a post from (abakja1) when he had gotten the pro tune from pdx that the boost peaked at 21psi even though it was tuned for 16psi