This poll is closed to new votes

East Coast Meet '23 Photos

June 16-18, 2023
Paradise Stream Family Campground
693 Paradise Stream Rd, Loysville, PA 17047

Tel. (717) 789-2117, Group Reservation Code "LGT"

(Last Updated 3/2/23. Poll is closed.)

Action Items (March 9 Deadline)

I've reach out to Camp Paradise Stream Family Campground and reserved a block of 5 adjacent campsites, each of which can accommodate 2 tents for a total of 10. You can go halfsies (or more) with other members on these campsites. I'll leave that up to you.

These sites are reserved until March 9, after which they will be released to the public again. The next step for everyone who wants to attend is to call the above number and reserve a site under the group name "LGT." I encourage everyone to book ASAP since the sites closest to the creek have already been booked.

If you are planning on renting a cabin, glamping, or RV site, you may not be right next to our camping block but you will still be able to take advantage of a modest group discount. You can ask them to choose a site closest to our camping block.

Confirmed Attendees

Tent Sites
@Enlight / @BoozeRS05
@boxkita / @KZJonny
@tysparks81

RV Site
@JJBerk

Outside Lodging
@SubOperator
@jaylew

Commuters
@m sprank
@thefultonhow

TBD
@Chronuss
@Infosecdad
@JmP6889928

Tentative Schedule

Friday Night

• Arrival/fireside hang

Saturday

• 9:00am - Farmer's Daughter Cafe
  • 9:00am - Scenic/curvy road cruise
  • 12:00pm - Lunch at a brewery
  • 1:00pm - Begin drive back to camp
  • 3:00pm - Hang at camp
  • 5:00pm - Car show with awards
  • 6:00pm - BBQ

Sunday

• Final group breakfast, thanks, goodbyes, and early departures
  • Group photo

Tentative Route

We will do some light cruising to nearby sites and breweries. Destinations and route TBD.

Original Post:

This thread is for generating some interest in a East Coast forum-wide meetup. Chime in if you're interested, state your whereabouts and we can begin to narrow down a location.

What I have in mind is someplace that has great scenic driving roads with a variety of lodging options for people who want to camp or stay at a hotel. I'm also open to partnering up with other groups (i.e. AZP's 48 Hour of Tri-state summer outing) but let's see where this takes us.

Begin roll call!

State:
Distance willing to travel (hours):

Odds of Attendance:

Max. Distance willing to travel (hours): 10
Odds of Attendance: As an organizer (others welcome to join planning team), very likely

Paging @Underdog @Max Capacity @SubOperator @Infosecdad @HAMMER DOWN@madrig @Code @cheeseenlo @snow05gtRI @seanyb505 @utc_pyro @BoozeRS05@ashwinearl @Scottydunno @cwojcik. Who else am I missing?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

Max. Distance willing to travel (hours):  8 hrs?

Pretty interested in something like this. Summer is the hardest time of year for me to get away from work, but probably a good time of year for a meet. I am always a shoulder season hiker/camper, so Spring and Fall call out to me, but that's just one voice. I would be more concerned about making sure a date got at least roughly figured out as far in advance as possible, partly for work/holiday time but mostly so I don't have the car in pieces, or broken the week before. (I'd take the OB, but that would ruin all the 'twisty roads' part of the adventure... 😐)

It would be very cool to meet a few the people on here in person!

• Like 1

In MId-Atlantic nestled between Baltimore and DC.  Harpers Ferry is nearest town.  I can make Queens in about 5-6 hours.  I could potentially take a train to get closer to the meet as I have been Subie free for 3 years now.

@m sprankNon-subies welcome! I imagine most people want to put a face to the usernames as much see other Legacy's. @KZJonny  A fall cruise would be amazing, I'm open to spring too though that may be a bit close for this year.

• Like 3

muFreight.co

Bessie II's Thread

My LGT is unfortunately not in a driveable state at the moment, but I'd likely bring my Audi.  I'm now in a B8 A4 Avant that was S4 swapped (engine and trans) and facelifted to a B8.5.  My allroad got hit and totaled this summer 😕

Max. Distance willing to travel (hours): 5 (one-way)
Odds of Attendance: Medium to Low, but I wanted to at least put my hat in the ring

• Like 5

I have not been home (Pearl River, small Hamlet off exit 6 of the Palisades Pkwy) in 13+years.  Last time in NYC was 2019 right before Covid shut everything down.  If the meets in South New York area I can bring the whole family.  My 9 year old has never seen her "ancestral home" (built by my great grandfather in 1929) and never met any of her NY family.  So much I want to show her. 

Max distance to travel 5-6 hours

Odds of attendance, depends on locale.  But I have attended several East Coast meets, just not in 13+ years. 

• Like 3

Carlisle PA is a notable meeting location for car enthusiasts in the Mid Atlantic. They have huge car shows every year. It’s also only about 3hrs from where I reside near Pittsburgh, which my wagon could probably make with some prep time.

It’s the middle of nowhere, but that’s what works for it. Roads should be a hoot in any direction, although sometimes in rough shape. 

• Like 4

Interesting...

Carlisle, we were there back in maybe 2004 with the yellow civic (full body kit) before it became a drag race car.

• Like 2

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

On 2/1/2023 at 2:56 PM, m sprank said:

I am still around! My WRX is my 2nd/3rd car these days :lol: mainly driving a 2021 GMC Canyon AT4 & 2022 Cadillac CT4V-Blackwing (garage queen :lol: ) 

I live in Bridgewater, NJ; I split my time for work between Central NJ & Central Maryland (Frederick), am pretty flexible with locations

Edited by THE RZA
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, THE RZA said:

I am still around! My WRX is my 2nd/3rd car these days :lol: mainly driving a 2021 GMC Canyon AT4 & 2022 Cadillac CT4V-Blackwing (garage queen :lol: ) 

I split my time for work between Central NJ & Central Maryland (Frederick), am pretty flexible with locations

If your in Frederick why do you not hit me up?  I am 30 minutes away.  Free lunch? 

2 minutes ago, m sprank said:

If your in Frederick why do you not hit me up?  I am 30 minutes away.  Free lunch? 

I'm primarily in NJ & down in Frederick for a few days at a time twice a month, work kicks my ass when I'm there :lol: I stay with my in law's in Potomac when I'm there, may be even closer to you

Edited by THE RZA

Freedom is beautiful right? I've been working for a biopharma startup for the last 3 years, recently expanded our foot print to Frederick, it's been a lot of work! John C (Pathfin9) lives in Frederick area now as well

Edited by THE RZA
  • Like 2

I’m flexible as long as this meet doesn’t happen while I’m working, timing of which can vary quite a bit. 

located 35 mi NE of Pittsburgh and willing to travel 5-6hr.  

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

So I'm not remotely east coast. nor do I have my wagon or boxkita anymore.

bought a 2022 Toyota GR86 a few months back. Scheduled a track weekend at Road Atlanta June 10. 

Planning to head up the east coast to New York city before heading home.

Looking at 5,000 miles of bucket list drives. Still trying to convince myself a solo cannonball is dumb idea  :)

Depending on dates, I'd show up.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I liked the interior on the 86 more than brz. also the handling was a bit easier. The first 600 miles (getting home from the dealer) was all mountain roads. Loved every minute of it. 

It's almost as useless as the spec miata was, but street legal.

First track day was low 50's but had a good time. Best time was 18 seconds slower than miata. But didn't feel like I'd been beaten up either.

By the time I drive from Seattle to Road Atlanta, I should have the high speed handling sorted. Debating on having a set of race pads and rotors for the weekend then putting on stock plus parts. The stock brakes were pretty spongy by the time I left the track.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, boxkita said:

Looking at 5,000 miles of bucket list drives. Still trying to convince myself a solo cannonball is dumb idea  :)

Depending on dates, I'd show up.

Since this meetup would have to happen on a weekend, what would be the likelihood that you would stick around on the East Coast for a whole week (i.e. June 17th weekend)? It'd be awesome if you could make it.

For your road trip, if you could finagle Route 250 between Staunton, VA and Bartow, WV is some of the best driving I've experienced, and on this drive I also did Tail of the Dragon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

muFreight.co

Bessie II's Thread