LegacyGT.com

Wire wipers to auto headlights to turn on headlight when wipers on

michaelj11103

I am looking for a way to wire my automatic headlights to my wipers so that the headlights turn on automatically while using my headlights in my 2015 Subaru Legacy Limited 2.5l. There is currently no “wiper-link” like other models/years have that do this automatically. 

I’m wondering what the easiest way to do that would be. Attached is the wiring diagrams for both the headlights and the wipers. 

My initial thoughts are this: from the front wiper switch, take the green B1 wire (that goes to the front wiper motor and body integrated unit) and connect splice it to the N23 connector blue (L/B) wire going into the H/L LO Relay. That’s at least the path that I believe would work to trigger the lights to turn on when the wipers are on. Would this work? Or am I completely off?

The second part to this is I hope to be the least intrusive as possible when creating this wiring path. I’d like to create a solution that could easily be remove. So my thought was maybe to get female and/or male connectors (opposite of the current connectors) and create the path using these connectors so then if I need to revert back I just take out the connectors I added and reconnect the original ones. I know that seems like a lot of work for such a small thing, but I’d like to keep it as clean as possible. Anyone know of any other ways to keep it clean, physically?

Thoughts? Comments? All and any ideas accepted. Thanks! Much appreciated!

DFECC114-77D8-4315-BA28-8CD80A095075.png

755AA209-4D6F-4CDD-8340-D5ED5CCE4DAD.png

I don't think this is a good idea to attempt.  I looked at my '17's headlight and wiper system diagrams and they're exactly the same as yours, so they're definitely doing some ecm trickery to turn the lights on with the wipers.

It's your car and you can do as you wish, but I think if you start linking systems together, you're going to let the smoke out of one or more modules and will end up costing a lot of money for a minor convenience.