LegacyGT.com

Have you had to replace your transmission?

Dragonempress

I'm just curious if anyone has had to replace their transmission in their 05 when exactly did it fail? and why? how many miles were on the car when it did fail? My girl is currently sitting at 182,000 ( I am her second owner) and her shifts are a little rough lately. I do want to do a trans flush and pan reseal to see if that helps but I also want to be prepared for if and when she needs a new trans. She is an AT but I would like her next trans to be a MT if it's possible to make that kind of swap. 

1 hour ago, Pleides said:

It's possible with enough money to do the swap but these cars are common enough that it makes more sense to just buy a manual car if that's what you want.

Yes, true enough, I just love my girl and I've put so much work and customization into her so far. I'll probably just keep her for show and if and when she needs a new trans (she's at 182,000 wondering how long it will last ) ill keep her Auto and get a blob eye or hawkeye wrx if I want a manual car. :) thanks for the advice. 

On 1/23/2023 at 8:02 PM, Dragonempress said:

Yes, true enough, I just love my girl and I've put so much work and customization into her so far. I'll probably just keep her for show and if and when she needs a new trans (she's at 182,000 wondering how long it will last ) ill keep her Auto and get a blob eye or hawkeye wrx if I want a manual car. :) thanks for the advice. 

These transmissions are generally thought to be more reliable than the manual transmissions offered on this car. If you want to do a valve body upgrade to make shifts snappier then perhaps that will satisfy the desire for a manual. Would also allow for the insides of the transmission to be inspected to see how healthy it is. A modified auto car should get fluid changes every 30K or so.

• Thanks 1