LegacyGT.com

"Clear Bra" for the 05 LGT...

Driver72

I think the only 05 Subaru Legacy clear bra kit available on the market is from X-pel. Rockblocker unfortunately has not been able to get a pattern cut (I've been waiting since mid-June). Its too bad, because the X-pel kit is somewhat more expensive, but I can't afford to wait too much longer. I already have over 6K on the car and you can already see the pitting. I really wanted to go with the Rockblocker, but they can't seem to get the pattern made. [url=http://www.clearbra.com/products/shop.asp?prevyear=2005&prevmake=36&prevmodel=621&prevsubmodel=0&prevseries=0&year=2005&make=36&model=621&submodel=2481] here's the link to Xpel[/url] If you hear of other kits, please post them here. If you get a clear bra for your Legacy, please post your experience and price here. Rimfaxe

• 2 weeks later...
I just ordered the clear bra from Invinca-Shield, Inc. [url]http://www.invinca-shield.com/asp/genkit.asp?kit=4234[/url] I ordered all the deluxe pieces and all the optional pieces except the rear bumper pieces. The total was $363. I'm having it applied by Tint Co in New Britain, CT they're a professional applicator(whatever that means). The guy there said it'd be about 4 hours of labor. But for something like this, i'd rather pay extra to have it done right then try to learn as i go. I also will have the windows tinted(35%) because this place, like many others, specializes in tinting aswell.

Has anyone had experience with clear-bras over long periods of time? Is there any color change between the paint that is covered by film, and hte paint that is exposed to the elements? I want to put it on my car also, I just don't want to end up with "tan-lines" on my hood after 3 years or something..

You will pay a premium to install a kit, for the installer it is a major hassel as many of the bits fit but you have to adapt them to the car, all in all the first time I put a full kit on the WRX from Stongard I would have been cheaper to just get them to do it free hand, which I did on the Legacy and it cost me all inclusive 800$ cdn tax labour and materials.for the latest bufable 3m film. Ask about it to your local 3m installer before getting a kit.

I am having the clear bra put on by Body Dynamics in Whethersfield, CT. Pics will soon follow. Using Invincishield's 3m pieces which include above the windshield and along the sides of the windshield along with the premium package(entire front and side view mirrors).

[quote name='Legacy05GT']I am having the clear bra put on by Body Dynamics in Whethersfield, CT. Pics will soon follow. Using Invincishield's 3m pieces which include above the windshield and along the sides of the windshield along with the premium package(entire front and side view mirrors).[/quote] May I ask how much that is going to set you back? I'd love to do it, but I have two vehicles to do and it adds up quick.

I was able to get the whole package from Invica-shield.com for $363.00 [url]http://www.invinca-shield.com/asp/genkit.asp?kit=4234[/url] The labor from Body Dynamics will cost me $300.00. I know i got a good deal because they(body dynamics) claimed that if i bought the X-Pel kit through them, the total(including labor) would be $680. The invica-shield kit has more pieces then the X-pel one.

[b]INVICI-SHIELD[/b][url]http://www.invinca-shield.com/prodcont.asp?page_id=warranty[/url] Invinca-Shield, Inc. warrants to the original retail purchaser, that our paint protection kit is free of manufacturing defects and will provide “outdoor durability”[b] for a period of five (5) years[/b] from the date of application under normal exposure conditions. “Outdoor durability” for the purpose of this warranty is defined as no appreciable deterioration in the product. [b]Cracking, yellowing, blistering or loss of adhesion shall constitute a breach of warranty[/b] if this occurs during the warranty period. Invinca-Shield assumes no liability for normal wear and tear due to impact from foreign objects. [b] Slight color fading or slight reduction in gloss does not[/b] constitute a breach of this warranty. In the event a breach of warranty occurs as defined above, Invinca-Shield’s liability shall be limited to replacing defective material only. In instances where excessive wear or deterioration (outside normal wear and tear) is being claimed, Invinca-Shield reserves the right to pro-rate the value of the kit based on the remaining useful life of the product. [b]X-PEL[/b] [url]http://www.xpel.com/products/warranty.htm[/url] XPEL Technologies Corp. warrants X-Pel™ Protection Products installed on the factory paint finish or on the factory installed lenses (utilizing bulbs with factory recommended wattage) of the purchaser's vehicle [b]for five (5) years [/b]from date of purchase. XPEL Technologies Corp. warrants your X-Pel™ product against [b]yellowing, cracking or peeling[/b] due to discernible defects in manufacturing of said product. If the X-Pel™ product is found to be defective, XPEL Technologies Corp. will replace the product at no charge to the purchaser (installation labor excepted). This warranty is valid for the original purchaser of the X-Pel™ product and is not transferable. XPEL Technologies Corp. assumes no liability for deterioration of the film caused by normal wear, accident, collision, negligence, vandalism or abuse.THIS WARRANTY APPLIES TO MANUFACTURING QUALITY ONLY. The installer is solely responsible for the quality of installation of the X-Pel™ product installed on the vehicle. Contractors, including the installer, do not have the authority or power to alter or extend the limited warranty set forth in this certificate. The installer is neither an employee nor an agent of XPEL Technologies Corp. XPEL Technologies Corp. does not warrant installation methods, or any installer action. To initiate warranty service, send this warranty form along with the defective X-Pel™ product for our inspection.

[quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='jedimaster']I'm working on organizing a group buy with X-pel for the headlight and foglight kit if anyone is interested.[/quote] Yellow foglight slips would be cool I think.[/quote] If you want yellow fogs let me know. I can get them for you

DO NOT BUY FROM Invinca-Shield, Inc. I brought by LGT and Invinca-Shield, Inc. kit to a 3M certified applicator. They said that not only do the pieces not fit, but the plastic is old. Another day w/o my car. But the dealer has X-Pel ones on stock so i'm gonna get him to put one of those on. Sucks tho.

Archived