LegacyGT.com

Wrecked 2015 repair

I just got a 2015 Legacy Premium that was hit in the front. It looks like an easy repair to me. I enjoy doing work myself. It runs and drives, but needs everything radiator support and forward. I have already gotten those parts off and will be ordering replacements soon.

I have three dash lights on. One is the eye vision and the rear collision light. I think these are sensors, but I didn't find any damaged sensors other than AAT. Any ideas?

Both side curtain airbags were deployed and the steering wheel. Both front seat belts are locked up. I plan to drive it and I don't care about side curtain airbags and thought I'd try to find bypass info. I took out one of the seat belts to try to fix it and didn't have any luck. I see there are repair services for $45 and they can fix the airbag module also. It's not a matter of money, I enjoy learning new things. Does anyone have info on repairing seat belts or the SRS module?

16 hours ago, Gubni said:

I don't care about side curtain airbags and thought I'd try to find bypass info

Is that even legal?? Like buddy... if I got in to a car that had air bags deployed I'd get right back out of it and walk.

1 hour ago, silverton said:

Is that even legal?? Like buddy... if I got in to a car that had air bags deployed I'd get right back out of it and walk.

I'm not a lawyer, but I know many do it. On many cars side curtain airbags are optional. I'll probably put them back in. Just looking for all the information I can get.

without a scan tool you're not going to know.  a 2015 doesn't have reverse automatic braking but I do believe it still has the sensors that beep at you before you hit shit. and eye sight is so far integrated in to the car the only thing you can visually inspect is the condition of the windshield.

7 minutes ago, silverton said:

without a scan tool you're not going to know.  a 2015 doesn't have reverse automatic braking but I do believe it still has the sensors that beep at you before you hit shit. and eye sight is so far integrated in to the car the only thing you can visually inspect is the condition of the windshield.

I've done more research on it now and realize that eyesight is cameras on the back of the rearview mirror. I do have a scan tool but the only code I got was the AAT sensor is bad and it was destroyed.