LegacyGT.com

OEM Headlights - Part number for blackout OEM that fits our 5th gen?

It's just the 2013-14 Legacy headlights. And don't bother with OEM, TYC clones from rockauto are way more cost effective and essentially identical. All headlights across 2010-2014 Legacy and Outback are interchangeable.

File:2013 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited -- 07-11-2012.JPG - Wikimedia Commons

• Like 1

Thanks, ordered from Rock Auto. I asked Daniel Stern (lighting expert) about new bulbs since one of mine just burnt out and he has the 65w bulbs back agani, and he correctly pointed I should also consider replacing the headlamps themselves. Mine are clouded and also have condensate inside them. I asked about eagle eye versions and he said 'hard pass' but that if OEM wasn't in the cards, TYC was acceptable. I was finding TYC pricing not much off the OEM prices on Quirkparts, until you pointed out rockauto (not sure why I didn't check there). Even with their expensive shipping, it's still less than about $150 than OEM at quirkparts, but I couldn't verify the black bezel on the quirkparts images.

Thanks again for the advice! I did go with the TYC 2014 version for the black bezels. 

• Like 2

Absolutely! Happy to help, I've been running those exact TYC's on my own car for at least 4-5 years at this point and they've held up great! Hope you enjoy them, the 2013 lights look really nice with the 2010 grille imo, the c-shape bezel flows nicely into the grille wing. 

• Like 1

just for everyone...i ordered a set online that were both supposed to be TYC--one ended up being depo, and the other TYC.  there's a massive difference in beam pattern, and the depo's clear coat started failing after less than a year while the TYC is still pristine and has a good beam pattern.  steer clear of the depos.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, creep_nu said:

just for everyone...i ordered a set online that were both supposed to be TYC--one ended up being depo, and the other TYC.  there's a massive difference in beam pattern, and the depo's clear coat started failing after less than a year while the TYC is still pristine and has a good beam pattern.  steer clear of the depos.  

Weirdly, both of my TYC's came in Depo boxes, but the lenses both have the TYC markings on them so they're at least the same ones. I suspect that they keep a lot of this similar stuff on the same shelf. 

4 hours ago, creep_nu said:

Where did you order it from? I'll keep any eye on this when they arrive. I ordered them as a set from rockauto.

19 hours ago, tdelker said:

Where did you order it from? I'll keep any eye on this when they arrive. I ordered them as a set from rockauto.

ebay, because i'm cheap.  think it was like $220 shipped for the both of em?  something like that.  didn't realize how poor quality the depo was until i was way out of any sort of return period, and also had them on the car for 6 months, so i've stuck with em.  i keep my eye out whenever i go to the junk yard, looking for a set of OEM ones that i can take and refurb, but haven't had any luck at this point...all chromies whenever i go.

7 hours ago, tdelker said:

Okay, thanks everyone! I'll keep an eye on what I get from rockauto. Hopefully they will be as expected. Still about $600 from subaruonlineparts.com  Best I've seen for OEM including shipping for sure!

If you ordered the TYC headlights from Rockauto, that's exactly what you should get - if one is the wrong kind, just reach out  and they'll swap it out - they've always been really good about that when I've had to return things that weren't right.

Went in over the weekend. They look great, light brightness is superb (I did swap in the 65W H7s from Dan Stern Lighting), I have them pointed too far down, but still 100x better at night than the old ones. I'm very happy I did this.

Thanks for the help everyone! TYC quality seemed great!

The side project of removing a dent in the bumper cover turned in to more of a project than I would have liked. I over heated the paint and it started coming off. So I got out my touch up pen, some 1000 grit and got it all looking pretty good and clear coated. First time I've done that, and it took some time. It's not invisible but it is definitely better than it was before I started!

• Like 2