LegacyGT.com

Subaru 96 lgt bd5 turbo inlet and turbo specs

Hey fellow legacy fans.

I'm having a lot of work done on my subaru.

It needs a new turbo inlet, and somehow, after searching for months, I found one.

The problem is figuring out the diameter / measurements of my turbos. They cant send the inlet without that information.

I paid for the shop to take the car apart and look at the turbos so i could get pics pf the exact part numbers. Pics are attached to this post.

From what i can tell, one turbo says vf19, and the other one has its part number scratched up pretty bad. However, it almost looks like it once said vf18?

Im super new to cars, let alone jdm legacies. Os this common? Should i tell the people who are waiting on me for dimensions, that i have a vf19 and a vf18, or should I say I have dual vf19s?

The pictures make it hard to tell. Would appreciate if anyone knows off the top of their head.

Also attached a photo of an old jdm advert for my vehicleI framed because i figured y'all would like it.

Thanks!

CA4591C8-F917-43FF-ACAC-03332260B0A9.jpeg

67C601A0-C314-4C64-9D4C-C197307D758E.jpeg

8057B112-8320-44F8-AB77-7F9A4999FC35.jpeg

Edited by megasquid
Spelling

• 2 weeks later...

In my experience, the first numbers on the turbos data plate are in reference to the center cartridge of the turbo so if that's the case here, the shop would need to know its a VF19. Usually when OEM suppliers alter turbos for specific applications, they change out the housings and then add additional numbers to the end of the turbos data plate to specify.  I suspect 9604 & 26 066E are referencing the housing sizes.