LegacyGT.com

Recommend me some wipers!

ssbtech

Over the years on my 05XT I've applied Aquapel to the windshield.  Overall I like it - it improves visibility at night as water beads rather than splatters, however it's not without drawbacks.

Our rain tends to be frequently of the light misty/drizzly type, and our speeds around town are mostly between 20-40mph.  So with the smaller droplets and slower speeds, it's not the best combination to realize the benefits of the Aquapel.  So that means I'm using the wipers lots.  I find the streaking, as brief as it is, to be a detriment to visibility especially under the newer whiter LED street lamps.  I also have experienced wiper skipping/chattering, especially in the lower left corner at the furthest point from the wiper clip.  I've used Bosch Icon/Evolution wipers, PIAA Silicone wipers and Valeo Ultimate wipers, all with mixed results.  

Any thoughts? :D

The fanciest wiper blades I've ever bought were the RainX ones.  You can get quality blades on rockauto for $5, I generally go with whatever is cheapest cause... it's a wiper blade, how much technology can we get in there?

• 2 weeks later...

They're expensive, but I have PIAA wipers and they're about 3 years old and still work like new. They're silicone, so they're not as quiet as rubber ones, but I can handle a bit of extra noise for not having to replace wipers a bunch here in Oregon. I don't think I've ever had a pair of wipers more than 6-8 months here prior to using these.

43 minutes ago, silverton said:

10 seconds per blade is pretty frickin time consuming 🤣

I mean I've already gotten my money's worth having had these blades since 2019 and not having to get multiple sets. Rubber just doesn't last as long as silicone so why more cars don't use silicone wipers I'm not quiet sure.

• Like 1