LegacyGT.com

2018 Legacy 2.5 Premium OEM foglight install

I purchased the foglight kit H451SAL200 on Ebay. Foglight assemblies and relay were simple to install, but when it comes to the switch I cannot find a harness or receptacle to plug it into behind the switch console. Does anyone else have any experience with this?

Do you have a copy of the Installation Guide? If not, that's the place to start. Others have reported that the harness and connector you're looking for is neatly attached to the switch blank next to where you install the new fog light switch.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

43 minutes ago, ammcinnis said:

Do you have a copy of the Installation Guide? If not, that's the place to start. Others have reported that the harness and connector you're looking for is neatly attached to the switch blank next to where you install the new fog light switch.

I have read the installation instructions and it shows which spot to put the switch in, but all it says is to install the switch and connect the connectors back up with no pictures of the connectors. I have seen forester and outback installs with a harness taped to the other connectors. Unfortunately I received information elsewhere stating that these particular 18/19 models require a new turn signal stalk with a foglight switch. I'm going to return the kit and purchase an aftermarket kit with a new wiring harness independent of the vehicles lighting system. This seems to be the most popular method rather than removing a steering wheel.

• Like 2