LegacyGT.com

Warranty Maintenance for Legacy at 80K Miles Before Warranty Expires

Hey all!

I had purchased the extended Subaru warranty for my 2016 Legacy 2.5i Limited a few years ago, that covered 80k/10yo and am about 2K Miles from 80K. 

Are there any checks or repairs y'all recommend I request from the dealer while the car is still under warranty? 

For some background, I recently moved from Detroit to San Diego (car shipped covered bc she's my baby :D) and had the following done in Detroit:

• Rear Ball bearings replaced around 36k (Warranty)
    • Roads around Detroit are shit
  • Steering column replaced around 20k for being lose (warranty)
    • known issue, also roads around Detroit are shit
  • Exhaust system/muffler replaced around 20k (warranty)

I run the car with Mobile One Fully Synthetic Extended Performance High Mileage and replace the oil every 7,500 mi.

Thanks for reading 🙏

Edited by Zetsubou Sensei

I'm facing the same situation in a couple of months. You could review all TSBs applicable to your Legacy, and see if you are experiencing any of the problems they address. Just like the original warranty, Subaru won't pay for work, even under a TSB, unless the dealer can observe or replicate a relevant malfunction. If it ain't broke, they won't fix it. It would perhaps be a good idea to ask your dealer to perform a free multipoint inspection ... just in case.

• Like 1

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

11 minutes ago, ammcinnis said:

I'm facing the same situation in a couple of months. You could review all TSBs applicable to your Legacy, and see if you are experiencing any of the problems they address. Just like the original warranty, Subaru won't pay for work, even under a TSB, unless the dealer can observe or replicate a relevant malfunction. If it ain't broke, they won't fix it. It would perhaps be a good idea to ask your dealer to perform a free multipoint inspection ... just in case.

Appreciate it, will do!