LegacyGT.com

Deceleration whining above 30mph

So as the title says, I have a transmission whine when decelerating above 30 mph. I recently bought the car it's a 96 2.5 get with 120k miles on it. I've done atf change, and thought that would help but hasn't. My next suspicion was the front diff. Fluid but on further inspection it looks full as well as brand new. I'm still going to swap out the front diff fluid, as well as the rear diff fluid. I'm thinking it could also be the center bearing. The worst case scenario I read is that my front differential has somehow grenaded and it will eventually fail but I'm hoping maybe the forums can come to the rescue. Anyone got any other ideas besides these? 

Could be front diff.  It could be that it can be fixed by adjusting the gear lash.  If it is the front diff and the gear lash doesn't do it then I would suspect bearings in there.  If you don't have a factory service manual to learn about adjustingg a diff and you want to learn, I would suggest taking a break and finding the old thread on here where My Vacation Pictures are located.