Miles: 132,000

Transmission: 5 Speed Manual

Title: Clear - no accidents

Lien: No liens

VIN: 4S3BP676256319003

Seller's email address: slipperypig2005@gmail.com

Asking Price: $10,000

Background Information

I'm the original owner. It's been a commuter car, a touring car, a hpde car, and lately a garage ornament. It has roughly 130k miles.

Black leather interior. 

The engine is a forged closed-deck shortblock from Outback Motorsports in California. The heads were built by C&D machine in Kirkland using Hellraiser's v25b heads with ferrero oversized valves. Engine was built for 8500 rpm, redline was set to 7200. Shortblock has ~30k miles. Heads have ~500 miles on the rebuild.

Suspension is upgraded to BC Racing coilovers. Corner balanced by TC Motorsports for sport driving. Cosworth swaybars. Whiteline bushings. cusco braces.

Transmission is a new oem 5mt. Replaced 1500 miles ago. Cobb short shift kit with Whiteline bushings.

Brakes. Calipers are oem. Pads are Hawk Hps. Goodridge brake lines. Rbf 650 fluid.

Wheels. 1 of 10 sets of 19x8 Volks Progressive wheels. Custom powder coated dark grey by FoCuS. Michelin AS4 all season tires. Right rear corner wheel has curb rash. Sad.

Interior is oem black leather. rear door cards are damaged from boxkita's paws. I have replacement door cards.

Wagon is tuned on rom raider. 

Wagon is being replaced by a 2023 Toyota GR86 (brz, so still subaru engine)

If you want a well-sorted extremely capable wagon, this is your car.

• Like 3

GLWYS. Shame to see this car go. Hopefully we still see ya stick around here! I know the Cherokee won't scratch the itch forever 😛 (yes, I know you said you're buying an 86, but the Cherokee may just be faster)

Edited by Pleides
  • Like 1

I've wanted a brz since they were announced more than a decade ago. Just couldn't find a reason to buy yet another car. Once the race wagon sold, my interest in wagons faded. Wagonfest rekindled it a bit.

I still have the 5x114.3 converted non-limited dark blue wagon and a wildly modified off-road outback. Both are engine less. blue's engine barely made it home. The outback arrived pre-ventilated. I have one rebuilt engine and a couple high mileage engines on the storage rack.

I'm listing both wagons and the sedan next week. Maybe some one wants another project. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, boxkita said:

I've wanted a brz since they were announced more than a decade ago. Just couldn't find a reason to buy yet another car. Once the race wagon sold, my interest in wagons faded. Wagonfest rekindled it a bit.

I still have the 5x114.3 converted non-limited dark blue wagon and a wildly modified off-road outback. Both are engine less. blue's engine barely made it home. The outback arrived pre-ventilated. I have one rebuilt engine and a couple high mileage engines on the storage rack.

I'm listing both wagons and the sedan next week. Maybe some one wants another project. 

I'm assuming you've driven the BRZ/86? I think you'll really enjoy yours.

I haven't driven the new generation of them like yours will be, but I really enjoyed the few I've gotten to drive of the older generation. They handle really well with any tire but the skinny Prius tires they put on there from factory. The 6-speed feels pretty nice and the steering feel is excellent for EPS. I hope you get your kicks with that car! Do you plan to leave it stock or go wild?

I'm sure somebody will want the project cars. If you're sick of them then there's somebody else that'll be new to it all.

• Like 1

I've only driven the older brz. Really liked them. The new generation arrives pre-sold. waitlist is 3 years out at some dealerships.

Randomly found a 2013 brz for sale today. 54k miles. It had a few issues but was still fun to drive. I expect a decade newer should be better 

• Like 1

outfront motorsports in bueno vista

Outfront Motorsports Inc.
(714) 994-5222
https://maps.app.goo.gl/5TMYnqFVK1DxPHyS6?g_st=ic

My shortblock was already in washington when i bought it. The shop was helpful about specs when my engine shop called.

They have been doing subaru for decades. Great shop with lots of knowledge 

• Thanks 1

• boxkita changed the title to sold - Seattle, WA - 2005 Legacy GT wagon. Black/Black. 5mt

Looking forward to getting to know the wagon side of the Legacy affliction.

Thanks for the time in prepping the car for the driver and all the background/walkthru. Really appreciate it Boxkita!

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Jams is working through the last of title transfer issues. A data migration issue on the part of washington licensing department caused a newer version of the title to be issued with out my knowledge.Getting it sorted involved yelling at a clerk at the licensing office and a manager creating an over ride in the system. I still had to pay $100 over the $2000 it cost to sell the wagon. I get why ppl don't license & insure cars in this state and then let them get stolen when done with them. I could have paid for my gr86 with the taxes. grumble.

thanks for all the comments.

closing this thread. hmm...there's no close function. Turned off notifications instead. :)

• Like 1