LegacyGT.com

Busted Brake Line

2006 LGT Limited

So today I began the task of changing a frayed steel braided brake line on the passenger side, and the end that connects to the line broke. 

Does anyone know what the part number is for that line/pipe?

Not sure if it's this part: 

https://parts.kearnymesasubaru.com/p/Subaru__Legacy/Brake-Pipe-Pipe-ABS-LHD-Front/49235536/26514AG01A.html?partner=googlebase_adwords&kwd=&origin=pla&device=m&userLocation=9031861&kwd=&matchtype=&device=m&network=g&userLocation=9031861&googleCampaignID=1672110615&googleAdGroupID=66505488202&googleAdID=323787698083&googleExtensionID=&gclid=CjwKCAjwsMGYBhAEEiwAGUXJafPCfTUPcHfAXdNbafl1AP0BnXBgWtA5I5yzvrbmxUvKRdtCSB9FbRoCcE0QAvD_BwE

I just need one line, not the whole assembly.

I traced the line and it goes to the ABS control module. Getting close, but still don't know if I can buy just the broken line.

Thanks All for any direction anyone can give.

20220901_182941.jpg

20220901_182948.jpg

Edited by Omegared1
Found more information regarding topic

• Omegared1 changed the title to Busted Brake Line

You can measure that line, go to NAPA or other auto parts store and pick up a Ni-Copp line that is easy to bend by hand and replace what you have. I did that on my 86 Ford F150.  The lines come with the ends on them.

• Like 1

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

The abs is right above that wheel( front passenger), so installing an oem one might not be that bad? They don't sell individual lines? Maybe check aftermarket. Looks like the lines aren't all individual... nervermind lol! That does not look like fun to fix. 

How did that even happen? You run over something?

• 2 weeks later...

Replacing it was super easy. Advanced Auto Parts had exactly what I needed.

So, the car was sitting for 3 plus years and it was seized on. The bolt head was already stripped, so I was just a matter of time. 

Just glad to know it was easy to fix.

I have a concentric flare tool from my HVAC days .

I have used it a bunch of times on other stuff , they are so much better than the other style makes flares easy.

If you are into acquiring tools, they are so nice to have laying around 

The one everyone in HVAC  buys is a 100 plus. I bought a cheap one from Amazon when I got itno HVAC and it served 5 years and still works