LegacyGT.com

Injector/ fuel rail conversion

I looked around and couldn't really find a clear answer..

I have a set of TGVs and fuel rails from a top feed setup along with 750cc top feed injectors that I would like to swap onto my 05 LGT as I'm doing a VF52. I see a few fuel line conversion kits but they're for aftermarket rails. What would I really need to make it work with the LGT? DO I just use fuel injection rubber hose to connect everything? 

Or what would be my best option to hook the factory top feed lines into the factory LGT lines from the FPR? 

I appreciate the help.

• 2 months later...

You can remove the manifold while leaving the pipe. I did it once. It was such an awful event I only did it once. It is FAR easier to remove as an assembly and then remove the fuel pipes from the manifold. The fuel pipes are bolted to the bottom of the manifold between the TB and the ebcs.    

• Like 2

10 hours ago, m sprank said:

You can remove the manifold while leaving the pipe. I did it once. It was such an awful event I only did it once. It is FAR easier to remove as an assembly and then remove the fuel pipes from the manifold. The fuel pipes are bolted to the bottom of the manifold between the TB and the ebcs.    

I ended up removing the entire thing as an assembling and the fuel injectors came out with it... much more complicated on a 2007-2008.

Top feed is a bit more than side feed. At the factory the manifold is dropped onto the engine with the tgvs already attached. It is easiest to remove the assembly in this way.  If you can figure out the original assembly order/procedure disassembly is far easier as you dont waste time trying to seperate too much in car. 

20 hours ago, yellowspirit said:

It appears the part number is the same but I can't discern the difference visually. 

If they have the same part number, it's the same part, and it will literally be the worst game of spot the difference in your life.  So long as the part numbers for the left and right sensors are the same as well, swap way.

There used to be two part numbers, left and right.  But, the only difference I recall is a small threaded bolt hole on the firewall side of the drivers tgv.  It has been a long time and I am being lazy not looking it up. 

Edited by m sprank