LegacyGT.com

Downpipe sensor

I have a 2005 legacy 2.5i AT, non turbo. I found an aftermarket exhaust manifold for the car, but one of the notes say; you can use the stock downpipe or an aftermarket downpipes that fits. The brand is Tsudo, if anybody has ever heard of them. Are there any sensors in the stock downpipe? Should I change the downpipe? Thanks

Edited by SubieKid91

Why are you changing out the exhaust manifold (headers)?

The stock downpipe has a sensor for the catalyst to make sure it's working at its correct efficiency for emissions. You should not change the downpipe at all. Leave the car be unless you're replacing rusty components, then I'd recommend getting something from a recycler in your nearest salt-free state.

You can find pictures of what you have from that link. 

Oh, welcome to the Forum, ask us before you spend your money. 

• Like 1

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Not sure that will work.

Have you looked under your car to see what you have now?

https://parts.subaru.com/Subaru_2005_Legacy-25L-4AT-4WD-Sedan/Engine-and-Cooling.html

Looking at the parts diagrams, looks like there are a couple of possibilities for the '05 2.5i

Not sure if one is Cali and the other is general or if they changed the design in the middle of the year.

One looks like it might work, the other really doesn't.