LegacyGT.com

AP Going to Stage 2 instructions

I believe you do. Anytime you flash a new MAP , those need to be connected.

You can get the owner's manual from Cobb's site. I have it printed out and keep it in both my cars. 

This should be it. Looks like what I have

Seems you can download it.

https://cobb.app.box.com/v/ap3-sub-usermanual

This is the one, https://cobbtuning.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/PRS/pages/96579335/V3+Accessport+Subaru+User+Manual

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I see I have notes on page 10 in mine.

1 green connectors

2OBD cable to connector under dash, that is the OBD2 port

3 OBD cable to AP

4 Wait till the install menu comes up

5 Key to On

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Also note,  I think it was you who tried to help me with where tje 02 sensor was for the "mod".  So I have found out I have 2 sensors. One from pipe to bottom of the car near the tyranny, and another from  header. No sensors and no cat on original uppipe. So perhaps I won't need to do the resistor mod. 

The 2.2k resistor MOD is just for the EGT sensor that came in the top of the OEM up pipe in 2005-2006 GT's and XT's. 

The O2 sensors, front is in the exhaust manifold before the up pipe, rear is in the Downpipe after the cat.

There is no MOD for the O2 sensors. A tuner can delete the rear sensor code. 

Make sure there is no boost leak.

TB hose, tmic to turbo, make sure those hoses didn't blow off.

Check vacuum hoses, we zip tie them .

2 hours ago, MDSubie4 said:

Shyte. Everything installed and uploaded stage 2, but car now sputtering on the way. What could it be? 

Did you do the idle relearn after the flash to stage 2?

After the flash is complete, shut everything off; start it, touch nothing, idle for 10 min, should be good to go.

That's my procedure when I flash updates.

3000rpm. what shape are the coils in ? are they rusted ? 

Recently, my wagon developed a miss at 3000rpm, New coils fixed that, but they had 304,000 miles on them.

• Like 1

Thanks so much Max. It was the hoses to the intercooler. One popped off first time, then again.  Clamps Shit from Grimspeed. Got some good automotive ones. Car runs amazing. Stage two is huge difference. Thanks for your unwavering assistance. 

• Like 1

You're welcome. Been there, done that. 

I know what you mean about stage 2 HP. 

I just took my wagon for a good test ride after replacing the oil pan. Been driving our 18'Outback 3.6R the past week. Boost is fun. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for saying that. I'm just trying to give back for all the help I have received from this Forum over the years.

If your intercooler hose popped off it might not be a bad idea to take the car to a speed shop/tuner shop and have them do a proper boost leak test. Cars this old will have vacuum leaks pretty regularly if you didn't just recently pull the motor and replace all the vacuum lines.

Edited by Pleides

I can tell you for sure that it was the new hoses not clamped correctly onto the new GS Intercooler. That fatty one underneath near the driver side is a beach. Ordered some better clamps to keep it tight. That said, I agree. I'd heard the throttle body gets hard and develops leaks with time, sometimes just brittle and crack. Great recommendation and inexpensive peace of mind to test and replace. Any leaks affect performance. Find that out the hard way ;)

Yeah, before my engine rebuild, at some point almost every single vacuum connection would develop a leak. I did something like 9 boost leak tests in the first year I owned the car and found something each time. Even after the rebuild I had boost leaks from the cam position sensor o-rings.