LegacyGT.com

Horn stopped working and ran out of gas with 70 miles left, according to the guage.

3 hours ago, ronemus said:

There is a recall that updates the firmware to improve that feature.

That recall (WTW-82R) does not apply to MY 2015 Legacys or Outbacks. It only applies to some (not all) MY 2018 vehicles.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

On 8/10/2022 at 4:26 AM, Beamercub said:

2015 3.6R

In regards to the horns not working, it could be due to a faulty roll connector or horn switch.

Check if you can hear the horn relay pulling in when the horn button is pressed. One way to test this is to hold the handle end of a long screwdriver against your ear with the other end resting on top of the horn relay, then get someone to press the horn button while the ignition is on. See attached diagram for the relay location.

It would be unlikely that both 7.5A fuses would have blown, but worth checking (one 7.5A fuse No.1 for the RH horn & one 7.5A fuse No.2 for the LH horn). These are located directly below the horn relay (see attached diagram).

3 Fuse And Relay.pdf27 Horn System.pdf

Edited by XT-sub
Reason for edit: to correct fuse size.
  • Like 1

On 8/10/2022 at 12:07 AM, ammcinnis said:

That recall (WTW-82R) does not apply to MY 2015 Legacys or Outbacks. It only applies to some (not all) MY 2018 vehicles.

I didn't realize the range of dates was so restricted - it did apply to my late-year production '17 2.5i.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys...  The horn is just wonky..  Subaru thinks it could be the "clock spring" ?    As for the gas range, I dunno what is going on.   I have run out of gas a couple times because of it...  I just don't let it go below half a tank at this point..