LegacyGT.com

Powersteering or Steering Rack

I have an 06 LGT Limited, and found the Powersteering Pump o-ring was leaking fluid. I replaced the o-ring, and while trying to bleed the system, the wheel is now vibrating like crazy even turning it slightly. 

This was my approach, wheels off ground, Powersteering resevior off, turn wheel side to side for a duration of 5 minutes, three sets. Check the fluid level and top-off if needed. Once I didnt see any bubbling, I covered the reservoir, then removed the fuel pump fuse, and cranked it several times to see if the fluid went down or remained constant. Once it stayed constant, I turned the car on, and the pump whines for a little then goes away. I try turning the wheel, and it just vibrates no matter the direction.

What could cause this? Air in the lines? I've been bleeding this damn thing for three weeks now, and let it rest for days at a time betfore bleeding it again. And nothing seems to change. From what I can tell there are no visible leaks on top or below. I even swapped out the pump and the samething happened. Could it be a busted steering rack? 

This is a bloody mystery at point. 

Thanks for any suggestions, I really appreciate it 

Have you driven it or only jack stand bleeding? I installed a new rack recently and it felt like the bleeding process took forever while on jacks. It all worked itself out after driving a few days and keeping an eye on the fluid level.