LegacyGT.com

Grimmspeed has a new UEL header

I really want to try one of these, but I can't afford the $1k price tag at the moment.

https://www.grimmspeed.com/unequal-length-header-04-21-sti-02-14-wrx-04-13-forester-xt-05-09-legacy-gt-05-09-outback-xt/

They are trying to outperform EL headers while maintaining the rumble, so it's a calculated unequal...

Looks like they haven't tested it yet on the 4th Gen LGT, I'll volunteer as tribute 😜

I was going to buy this a day or so ago because my tuner and shop said I needed 3 inch catback because of flow issues. I call up there yesterday and asked him about buying this and brining it up to have put on and he said it was no need. Just bring the catback and we will do a revision and I am set. they saved me 1k. Also listing to the sound, I do not hear the rumble like I want it to sound.

Got in on the initial batch at $850 shipped. It isn't true UEL though but I'm not mad about it since I was going to go EL anyway. GS was calling it a "hybrid" in the Facebook group, but yea it's more on the EL side.

IMG_1562.JPG

IMG_1563.JPG

IMG_1564.JPG

IMG_1617.JPG

IMG_1619.JPG

Edited by java
  • Thanks 3

• 8 months later...
On 7/29/2022 at 11:26 PM, java said:

Got in on the initial batch at $850 shipped. It isn't true UEL though but I'm not mad about it since I was going to go EL anyway. GS was calling it a "hybrid" in the Facebook group, but yea it's more on the EL side.

IMG_1562.JPG

IMG_1563.JPG

IMG_1564.JPG

IMG_1617.JPG

IMG_1619.JPG

How was the install? GS's site says "unconfirmed fit" for the LGT, but I assume nothing needed to be actually modified?

15 minutes ago, elomo64 said:

How was the install? GS's site says "unconfirmed fit" for the LGT, but I assume nothing needed to be actually modified?

Yep no issues on fitment, install was easy for me.