LegacyGT.com

Radio not working/buttons not functioning 2012 3.6R Leg

Suddenly my radio quit on me. The only button that responds on the radio is Display to turn off the screen. 

CD player doesn't work either and wont accept any CD being inserted. Steering wheel buttons dont work to control the radio as well. Fuses were checked but no issues.

Help please.

7 hours ago, FLlegacy said:

Which radio do you have? A used replacement, if it's an oem unit, would be the simplest solution.

It's the oem radio with navigation and DVD player. Do I have to purchase the nav too? That's gonna cost a lot more.

Edited by 2012 Legacy H6

14 hours ago, FLlegacy said:

I don't think you need the navigation module just the head unit. Make sure you match the model number on the head unit exactly.

I can't find the radio head unit without the Nav screen attached. I dont believe they are separate.

This has been resolved. The simplest, quickest fix for this issue of the stereo not functioning at all was to remove the DVD plastic tab, insert a hairpin or paperclip in to the hole above CD where the Reset button is, hold for a moment and the entire system will reset, bringing back to life the entire audio system. 

I give credit to the Subaruoutback.org forum. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• 6 months later...