LegacyGT.com

Front suspension squeak assistance

GearJamr

So my 05 has an annoying squeak in the front suspension.  I recently replaced the ball joint and control arm bushings, and while it is better, the squeak still rears its ugly head.  In the morning when cold, the squeak is muted or non-existant.  As I drive the car to work (about 15 minutes) it gets progressively louder.  The squeak happens during up/down travel.  Sometimes it is relatively quiet until I hit a decent crack/bump and then it starts.

I have Koni shocks with Swift springs, whilteline sway bar and endlinks, energy suspension control arm bushings.  The rest is OEM.  My best guess now is something with the shocks, or the bushings for the sway bar, though those are polyurethane and only a couple years old.  The shocks/springs are also only a couple years old.  Anything else I am possibly missing?

Energy actually makes a great bushing lubricant formulated for poly. Sway bar bushings need lubricating the most often. I replaced my brackets with ones that have zerk fittings to make the job easier. Some people go a further step and wrap the swar bar in teflon tape where it makes contact. That will help too. I'd start there. Use the Energy grease if you have any left from your control arm bushings.

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

20 hours ago, Enlight said:

Energy actually makes a great bushing lubricant formulated for poly. Sway bar bushings need lubricating the most often. I replaced my brackets with ones that have zerk fittings to make the job easier. Some people go a further step and wrap the swar bar in teflon tape where it makes contact. That will help too. I'd start there. Use the Energy grease if you have any left from your control arm bushings.

So I wrap the bar with teflon tape (have plenty), then grease inside the bushing and outside or just on the inside?  Either way, knowing that would have saved me a bunch of time and money if I had thought of that myself to try first.

I would grease the inside of the bushing where it will now make contact with the teflon tape/sway bar along with the "outside" where it will make contact with the bracket holding it in place. Basically every contact service 👍

• Thanks 2

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

I ordered up an 8 oz tub of the energy suspension formula 5 grease.  Hopefully will arrive before the weekend, but Tuesday is the expected date.  I will slather it all over the bushing and hopefully that will get rid of the creak/squeak. 

• Like 1