LegacyGT.com

Alternate length hood struts

I was doing some work that required me to remove the hood.  I broke one of the hood strut ball mounts.  Fortunately, there is an alternate location to put a replacement mount.  Does anyone happen to know what length the struts would have to be to mount to this alternate location so I don't have to do this by trial and error?

Ive not seen reference to this alternate mount location yet.  Pic?

If its closer to the hinges than the original location, it will push the hood up higher.  Closer to the hood striker will push up lower.  

But that doesnt answer your question, sorry.  Maybe mock up your existing struts to the new location and extrapolate from there?

I always assumed the extra holes were if you needed the hood opened higher while working on the engine (often see something similar with the standard rigid strut where there is more than one spot to mount it) - can you not get the broken one out of the hood?

Edited by DrD123
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, DrD123 said:

I always assumed the extra holes were if you needed the hood opened higher while working on the engine (often see something similar with the standard rigid strut where there is more than one spot to mount it) - can you not get the broken one out of the hood?

That is what they're for!

• 3 weeks later...