LegacyGT.com

Rear Sway Bar Endlink Length

My 09 LGT needs new rear endlinks.  Sway bar is an upgraded one b4 I bought the car.  It also has the orange reinforcement brackets.  My current endlinks look to be adjustable in length and are about 110mm c-c of the mount bolts.  These seem to be longer than I would expect them to be.  What is the 'normal' rear endlink length?

The swaybar should be close to horizontal when at ride height. A little angle up is ok. Take one end link off, check the bar angle, adjust the link that is still on the car, then add the other link, adjusting it to avoid any pre-load (should fit in easily without having to angle the studs or bolts). I would pick one side to be the "adjustment" side and plan on only adjusting pre-load from that side. The other side can be cranked down tightly once the bar angle is set.

Some end link angle, both vertical and horizontal is ok as it tends to keep the bar centered and stop it from shifting much, but too much angle can cause wear on the end links, or noise if the end link reaches it's range of motion. Poly bushings squeak or creak when this happens, and get permanently deformed, ball joint style links can break when they hit their end of range of motion (although they often have a huge range of motion), and the boots can rip sooner.

I can measure a set of adjustable links that were setup this way when I get home (they are off the car currently). They were setup for a lowered car though so they may be shorter than you need if you aren't lowered.

Yeah, my LGT is stock ride height.  The swaybar end has a downward bend in it but the section closest to the 90* bend is pretty much horizontal with the ~110mm endlinks.  I've got a line on some new endlinks with stiff urethane bushings that are 112mm c-c which is awfully close to 110mm I have now so I am leaning towards getting those for replacements.

DX2UGId-YqdSoM0DJ9trgU-UlHGkJGXXG-f53AqXJx3iUH3XAtCLeO31ofwlNDykkZ_TlvVA0M4G3PUXlGzC-EnW3jOVcCA7pt3R5RNHoc8N0hMl_UPIQ4qM4yWyn2OTnxIqedYliIBrqUWuCQ670p3diS0YJEYP73E3wP9bD6lzF3eOJa2F0yZLHDP_rp1X2yT2XL_EzhmXqHko16kmabCMpFy9lnJH-cerxH4WOFkdVbxel3Tv7eqJ5HUnbJinI1TZsJIdWMugBaW-gFQL1V-cY-ucwMiNESjC5dbuM2N1MNE53IHvdfTsFYbSSa5obaBHo6rH-JKltKu9fR5eNlH3dOznkp9M5eOZfEL9bxwv9YCg8OA-UKDydsn7bGwX0gS2jHxX7Xrw91RX8_Q_eH35qRj9wnXEErMtFbXhJUFq6NPP4VVUoCnV2hmfCF1Hn1ezdWk-WVogJsX4OvJyntO8IT38QG_w6sBJ2ylA3-hw6WrKLFjY8etPD-GdZswDfiuog3LgNoTr5h5WchSoe6cFkc0rpb5f_Aod1woHS27xxZTZJal1fCxWSYfhw0UB4aNvhN33lHQ_ldhfKC_okTiKX3hEo-Lr84rF2iobw1wW9rtEPM9JaIR3t1AkRcdce117G8FILs54oHuzrmq-2vdOYGyzO58OAl8D2CgNIRYPXLvf3hLhT2gLRGAWx_Bj_CLL84Q-RdNbmyzessZ6zULKsxYeF2IzhrYoqQsikWrge2sutXv37lllGgpGGhhAmV1UpCPzHKsAeCXJTe7vPLCVB697hA5W9OMO=w690-h919-no?authuser=0