LegacyGT.com

Both my 2015 Subaru’s have identical intermittent problem

Legacy & Forester - both 2015 Limiteds with Eyesight

Quite randomly and very intermittently, the same several dashboard lights have come on either car. (Never as the car is turned on. But sometimes as soon as shifting into drive, as well as several minutes of driving - such as 30 - 45 minutes. Other drive of an hour or more, it doesn't occur.)

• All the Eyesight components light up solid and all Eyesight features stop functioning
  • AT Oil Temp and Brake lights each flash on/off steadily
  • The dash cycles through warnings
    • Eyesight,
    • Parking Brake,
    • Vehicle Dynamics Control,
    • Transmission
    • SVRD
  • The check engine light has not come on in the Legacy, but it did for the Forester.
  • Other than the Eyesight functions being disabled, the cars appear to operate fine.
  • Once the lights come on, they usually stay on for the remainder of the drive.

The Legacy has been doing this off & on for a few months. Having troubleshot electronics and software for a while, I understand how difficult it is to fix an intermittent issue if one does not see it. But, after the Forester did the same thing yesterday, I figure I would post this to see if it’s a known issue anyone knows about.

When the problem first occurred on the Legacy, I scanned for the OBDII codes with my relatively inexpensive Action scanner and came up with zilch.

Both cars were at the dealers in March about a week apart, but they had completely different recall work done.

Posted in the Forester Forum last night while this server was down. My hope was that this was a known issue, but the responses so far do not appear so. There were several suggestions today on checking the battery/GND connections. Checked the battery connections on my Legacy when I got home. The negative terminal wasn't overly snug, but not sure if it was loose enough to create problems. Slathered both terminals with vaseline and tightened both terminals down firmly. Since the Legacy once went almost a month between occurrences, it will be several weeks until I gain any confidence this particular possible solution has worked.

See attached photos. Any other thoughts on this issue? Thanks.

IMG_1355.jpeg

IMG_1354.jpeg

IMG_1353.jpeg

Update:

Cleaned and tightened the battery terminals on both cars.

A day after the cleaning & tightening the battery terminals on the Legacy, the issue returned (& had not seen it for a week before this.) Just ordered 2 new gas cap seals to see if that helps.

I would have to look back in my records but I believe I had this issue in mine early on when I bought her. I believe its a oil sensor that is supposed to measure the oil pressure, each side has one. IMMS in my case the passenger side one was slower to respond then the driver side one causing the fault. I will look back and see if I can find the original paperwork as it was  7 years back. I may have even posted it here in this forum but it was on the old site. Not sure if access to all the old posts is available.

Edited by NNJLegacy