LegacyGT.com

Move is completed

Tide

Is there a way to get the "click here" link in my sig, so it's easy to find my rebuild thread.  I just went to look for that thread. I think it was titled, Got some new parts, from early 2012. I think it was in the 4th Gen forum.

OK, After looking through 38 pages in the 4th Gen forum I went over to the Outback forum and found the link to my thread. 

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/got-some-new-stuff-engine-r-r-184106.html

When I clicked on it over there, it takes me here and say's 

Sorry!

The page you requested does not exist
  • Like 1

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

16 hours ago, Max Capacity said:

Is there a way to get the "click here" link in my sig, so it's easy to find my rebuild thread.  I just went to look for that thread. I think it was titled, Got some new parts, from early 2012. I think it was in the 4th Gen forum.

OK, After looking through 38 pages in the 4th Gen forum I went over to the Outback forum and found the link to my thread. 

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/got-some-new-stuff-engine-r-r-184106.html

When I clicked on it over there, it takes me here and say's 

Sorry!

The page you requested does not exist

Rather than looking for threads, it might be easier to go to your profile and then See their activity, and then select Topics. That will list your threads.

https://www.legacygt.com/topic/89128-got-some-new-stuff-for-engine-rampr/

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

I was shocked when I popped in and saw the changes but I still like it. This was the final board I visit to do a software change and all of them have been for the better. And I'm no lover of change.

Good job to the site admin.

9 hours ago, ehsnils said:

Seems like BBcode isn't working the same way in the new platform.

E.g. [quote]This is a quote[/quote]

[code]12 34[/code]

Not a huge deal, just an observation, but might incur some quirks.

There isn't much of a reason to use BBCode to quote posts anymore. You can quote posts across different topics pretty easily with IPBoard.

5 hours ago, Pleides said:

There isn't much of a reason to use BBCode to quote posts anymore. You can quote posts across different topics pretty easily with IPBoard.

That was mostly an example, there are other features like code snippets that still are of interest.

453747.png

I posted this elsewhere but thought it was relevant to do so here as well. I had registered years ago but had never received an email notification for any threads I tried to follow including ones I started. Could never contact anyone either to ask about the issue, on the old site. Today after logging in here after about a month since my last visit  I find the new site, and for the first time ever, maybe 5 years or more, email notifications came in. And the site is fully functional on all my devices- iPhone, iPad, and Mac. First time ever!! Good job!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rejuniwa said:

When will old threads be transferred over? Seems to be a lot of important threads missing.

New site seems cool, might take a little getting used to. My heart sank when I couldn't find my 20+ page build thread. I'm sure it'll all transfer over in a matter of time no worries.

Does anyone else find it hard to tell where the, "sticky's end and the new threads start ?  I'd like to see a solid line or a space, as some other forums use.

I also find it hard to tell the difference between the threads I've read and the one's that I haven't read yet. There used to be a brightness or boldness to the unread threads.

• Like 2

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

14 minutes ago, Max Capacity said:

Does anyone else find it hard to tell where the, "sticky's end and the new threads start ?  I'd like to see a solid line or a space, as some other forums use.

I also find it hard to tell the difference between the threads I've read and the one's that I haven't read yet. There used to be a brightness or boldness to the unread threads.

There is a slight bolding of the title and there is a blue star (if following) or blue dot on the left side of topics with unread posts. I will click on Activity -> All Activity or Unread Content (upper right, right below the menus) most of the time. I'll also just go to the forum listing and scroll down looking for bold highlights.

(I'm also in dark mode, so that might be different)

1 hour ago, KevinEdgar said:

New site seems cool, might take a little getting used to. My heart sank when I couldn't find my 20+ page build thread. I'm sure it'll all transfer over in a matter of time no worries.

I tried hunting for it and realized that it used to be in Media Gallery -> Outback Photos, but there are only Legacy Photos now in the Media Gallery, I can't find any of the Outback Photos sections.

It's also not listed under topics that you created, so not sure where it is.

Edited by Infosecdad

WOW, I just figured out how to get out of "dark mode". Bright mode is "MUCH" better to see the difference.

You need to click on that, "Theme" word at the bottom of the page.

• Thanks 1

I'm still finding a handful of group permission issues which is causing some people to not see specific forums. Unfortunately we  had to manually hand reset all 100+ forums across 12+ usergroups and 5 types of permissions. They were not converted.