LegacyGT.com

Move is completed

Tide

5 minutes ago, Bobsyouruncl said:

Also there is no marketplace forum in my forum lists for some reason. I can use your link and then upon trying to sign in it shows that error screen. 

Tell me if you see it now.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the upgrade.  Is there a way to subscribe to topics/threads and see the subscribed threads new content?   The Managed Followed Content in Settings lists every thread you've ever looked at.

You can follow any topic without commenting on it, and use "Activity Streams" to just view content you're following. I think that's what you want at least. I believe it can even email you a daily summary email and not need to visit. But we'd miss you.

On 7/13/2022 at 5:28 PM, solidxsnake said:

Excellent... glad this update has gone through at long last. Only gripe so far is that there's no dark theme... any chance that's in the works?

Scroll to the bottom (posting quote so they see the answer)

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where

Yay!

All of my bookmarks are broken!

The digests look like shit!

Why are the digests from invisioncloudcommunity.com instead of legacygt.com?

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

Bookmarks - It was expected that old ones will not work. There are no off the shelf solutions that I can find to assist, and settings doesn't seem to allow for one-off redirects either.

Emails - I checked Windows, Mac, and Gmail clients and these display as expected.

Digests - Invision Cloud is the host of the site now and that's how they send them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tide said:

Oooh, I might have found a solution to deep links of topics. I've deployed this and will just have to watch search engine logs for 404s if the regex was wrong.

Screen Shot 2022-07-15 at 6.05.11 PM.png

So how do we get that to work?

When I try and go to a bookmark, I get a completely random thread.

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

You can PM me the URL for a test case, but overall I'm only seeing like 50% of them work. I'll have to open a ticket to have them track issues down and then pray to the engineering gods.

Broadly I just have to wait for Search Console and Analytics to run for a month to shake them all out. Google cut off like 95% of our traffic earlier this year, so that impact has been minimal.

Moving a site like this to a new platform is bound to have some issues and losses. 

Did the site link up with google? Might have to do something to let it work with google again. This is what its saying about our site on google search!

image.thumb.png.7c9fc2ac9cbbe5c8bc2bf27ed2687b1f.png

How do I get actual timestamps for the posts?

I greatly dislike relative post times ( 27 minutes ago ) and I would prefer just seeing when it was posted.

I don't see a control panel to set my settings/preferences, so I'm not sure where I could change it.

• Thanks 2

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

3 hours ago, Tehnation said:

Moving a site like this to a new platform is bound to have some issues and losses. 

Did the site link up with google? Might have to do something to let it work with google again. This is what its saying about our site on google search!

We submitted new sitemaps a few days ago and push changes automatically, my expectation is re-indexing will take 1-2 months to complete. Google Search Console overall seems happy with new mobile and desktop changes and is removing penalties as we had hoped.