LegacyGT.com

Move is completed

Tide

Thanks for the update...this is going to take some getting used to. Good luck getting everything to work. 

• Like 3

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Thank you so, so much for switching over to IPBoard. I will not miss the old site. I used the LinusTechTips forums for nearly a decade and when they switched to IPBoard I was amazed by how much more modern it made the forum. Hopefully we don't lose any veterans to the changes.

Just now, ohno06gt said:

Really like the format but for some reason the search engine isn't working correctly for me. 

It’s probably not fully indexed yet, may have to give it a day or two to process all the posts for the search function. 

4 minutes ago, Infosecdad said:

It’s probably not fully indexed yet, may have to give it a day or two to process all the posts for the search function. 

Do you know if we'll go back to having proper cached Google search results like we had months back? Or is that something that's out of hand now?

6 minutes ago, Pleides said:

Do you know if we'll go back to having proper cached Google search results like we had months back? Or is that something that's out of hand now?

There are a couple of things that can be done.

1. Wait for Google to do it on their own.  Could be a week or 3 months, they won't give a specific time.

2. Tide could request a recrawl of the site (if he hasn't already) at https://developers.google.com/search/docs/advanced/crawling/ask-google-to-recrawl

3. A Sitemap could be generated and submitted to Google (the fastest option on their side), but potentially requires a lot more effort on our side. https://developers.google.com/search/docs/advanced/sitemaps/build-sitemap

If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.

• Thanks 1

Shows how out of touch I was.  I didn't even know the site was upgrading until yesterday when I couldn't log on.  This will definitely take some getting used to, but it's much cleaner and more modern.  Great work Gentlemen.

• Thanks 1