LegacyGT.com

Rear toe out of spec after suspension rebuild

Hello everyone I am in need of help here. I have been searching everywhere for info on the problem I'm having with no luck. I just replaced ALL (front and rear) of the suspension on my Legacy and the shop cannot get the rear toe into spec. The tech at the shop suggested adding an offset bolt to the outer bushing of the rear lateral arms. Has anyone had or heard of this problem? Would adding adjustable forward lateral arms help at all? If this has been covered here before could someone please point me to the info?

2009 Legacy NA

Just in case this may help here are the current settings.

Camber Caster Toe

LF .8 6.0 .03

RF -.3 5.6 -.01

LR -.5 -.14

RR -1.8 .19

Thank you for replying. I'm going to have to hold the Whiteline kit as a last resort. Not cheap is right! I already have $1000+ into it in the last 2 months plus more hours than I want to remember. New clutch master and slave then the clutch fork went. Pivot went right through it. Hours of work in the driveway for a 10 min repair. Then the suspension work last week. I replaced the bushings in the trailing arm instead of a new one to save some cash which was interesting to say the least since I don't have a press. I found some 12mm camber adjustment bolts that should give me the extra that I need at the outer bushing.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello all. I thought I'd post a follow up for the rear toe alignment problem. I found these on Amazon for $18 US.(Nolathane REV252.0002 Black Camber Adjusting Bolt). I installed these 12mm camber bolts in the outer bushings of the rearward lateral arms and that took care of the problem. So now both ends of the arm are adjustable and the alignment tech said it made it very easy to get it into spec. $18 is a whole lot better than $380, best price I could find for the Whiteline arms, after what I've already put into it this summer.

Thanks for the follow up man. Someone will find that useful, I sure would have when I was chasing down toe/camber issues on my OB.

I didn't go for the Whiteline kit in that case either, since it was waaay to much money for a daily driver, but did end up spending like $120 on an adjustable lateral arm. Had I known about those camber bolts that fit for $18, that would've been where I'd rather have started.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks, i was having the same issue. 3k miles ago, i did all 4 Wheel bearings, struts, end links, etc. and took it for an alignment and was told the same. they said the rear toe is .7 out of spec. ill order those bolts.