LegacyGT.com

Buying this baby today

Hey guys, I've been lurking this forum for two weeks now (ever since I found the legacy for sale). All you guys did was to reinforce the idea of owning a Subaru. Today I am going to pickup my first ever Subaru. It's a very well maintained 2008 Legacy 2.5i Touring 4 speed AT (I know... AT). One owner, who's an old retired lady, always did her maintenance at the dealership, even had the head gasket and timing belt done in the last year. I had the car inspected at my local Canadian Tire. They confirmed that the car is in perfect condition. Going to pick it up today for 7000$. You think it's a good deal?

I'm so excited I couldn't even sleep last night. I know it's a GT or anything but god damn it, I'm excited to be part of the subaru family.

right forgot the mileage and overall condition.

It has 125000km on the odometer (78000 miles)

and the body is in PERFECT condition other than small tiny surface rust spot on the rear right fender which I plan on fixing right away

Congrats! Always nice to find a car you can enjoy.

Not always about the best price miles condition ...who cares. I've bought shit that people were like wtf? And then I've bought gems that I was told I overpaid. Guess who's happy ✓✓✓✓

Enjoy!!!

Thank you guys!!! I am already in love with this car. Planning on babying it for AT LEAST 10 years. Going through the maintenance receipts and holy shit do I feel lucky to have this car. Can't wait to start modding it & making my own.

Welcome to the forums! Congrats on your new acquisition too! I'm absolutely in love with my 2.5i. I have a 5MT wagon that I use for daily duty that was purchased from the original owner last March. My first one was, also, a 4EAT.

Post up some pictures and tell us more. What car are you coming from? What would you like to get out of this one, other than longevity?

MILKRUN  - Click Here

Welcome to the forums! Congrats on your new acquisition too! I'm absolutely in love with my 2.5i. I have a 5MT wagon that I use for daily duty that was purchased from the original owner last March. My first one was, also, a 4EAT.

Post up some pictures and tell us more. What car are you coming from? What would you like to get out of this one, other than longevity?

I am coming from an 08 Civic rust bucket, with a multitude of suspension problems because of the rust. Feels nice to have a solid car for a change. Before the 08 civic I had an 05 civic with blown head gaskets and a rebuilt title.

I bought this car mainly for big road trips.

As for what I'd like to get out of this 08 leggy, other than keeping for 10 years, I want to put her on a nice set of wheels and maybe add a better exhaust. I haven't really modded any car before (never had a car worth modding before too lol) so I'm still very VERY new to this. As for now my m ain concern is taking care of small rust spots near the back wheels, changing pcv valve, cleaning throttle body, the MAF, etc. I just want her to run as good as she can.

Here's a couple of pics of my freshly washed and waxed non turbo leggy

52148900709_882552acea_k.jpg

52147643692_262c60134e_k.jpg

52148679383_e532a93f7e_k.jpg

Edited by izzyvadim

Thank you!!!

The headlights are super sweaty for some reason... I think I'll have to re-seal the whole thing

I've had to deal with my fair share of awful headlights on these cars. I'd just recommend replacing them. I have DEPO reps on my car and they seem alright.

These are my 2 yr old Depot lights (Amazon as well) with LaminX film......not too pleased as I did the film when they were new in hopes of them lasting. I've never had the pleasure of peeling this stuff off but I may be headed there. They were good for about a year and then this started. f1d0b4b6712b6b2b261dab68c2b879ba.jpg

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I always appreciated this thread, and have referenced it for a few sets of headlights on multiple cars now. All daily drivers. All having lasting affects. I've never had a new car or cashed out on new OEM headlights, so I'm not sure how long the housings should last without maintenance for an un-garaged, daily. I don't mind taking the time to annually clean my headlights, or reseal my work if I have to. After all, they can make or break a car for me.

MILKRUN  - Click Here

These are my 2 yr old Depot lights (Amazon as well) with LaminX film......not too pleased as I did the film when they were new in hopes of them lasting. I've never had the pleasure of peeling this stuff off but I may be headed there. They were good for about a year and then this started. f1d0b4b6712b6b2b261dab68c2b879ba.jpg

Is that not just damage to the film?

I always appreciated this thread, and have referenced it for a few sets of headlights on multiple cars now. All daily drivers. All having lasting affects. I've never had a new car or cashed out on new OEM headlights, so I'm not sure how long the housings should last without maintenance for an un-garaged, daily. I don't mind taking the time to annually clean my headlights, or reseal my work if I have to. After all, they can make or break a car for me.

yeah I think I'll try that + reseal with OEM seal

https://parts.subaru.com/p/Subaru_2008_Legacy-25L-4AT-4WD-Sedan/Headlight-Seal-Left-End-Rubber-Head-LampHeadlight-Seal/49296005/84942AG12A.html

if it doesn't work out, I'll have to go with the aftermarket ones

Thanks dude

feel free to post it here when you unpeel it

I am just driving this pig at this point so it may be a while before I peel it. I am thinking it's a film damage thing myself and again I'm a bit disappointed it didn't last longer.

• 1 month later...

Peeled the LaminX film off so I figured I would update this thread as it is the only pic I have of the film in its hazy state. The film peeled easy and left some sticky junk that Goo Gone took care of no problem. 

20220731_160257.jpg

20220802_181626.jpg

20220802_183242.jpg

Nice looking Legacy! I wish my GT looked half that good. I've got bad paint and rusted out fenders. Be a long time before all that gets worked out.

Aside from this forum being awesome, I've found the crowd over at subaruoutback.org to be incredibly helpful, and you may find that in some cases there is more experience over there with the 2.5i's. My Outback is NA, and I've got loads of help from members both here and there.

I would also propose that unless your exhaust is really in a bad spot, I would spend the money on uprated sway bars before and exhaust. They're not terribly expensive and you get some meaningful improvement in handling for your dollars, rather than just noises. Just IMO...

Whereabouts in Canada? That looks like a West Coast car with so little rust at that age. (Sorry, saw that your Montreal!)

Edited by KZJonny