LegacyGT.com

Outback H6 to LGT Wagon Suspension Swap…camber adjustment suggestions

Getting ready to remove all the subframe spacers on my 2008 Outback LLBean H6. I have an LGT wagon parts car for the suspension bits. Both are Auto. I plan to run SpecB Bilstein Struts off a SpecB along with a few aluminum bits.

I plan to use the OE LGT Wagon Springs. I assume I’ll be a bit lower in the front vs LGT stock height because of the weight of the H6. Im told I may want a bit more height in the rear as well. Thinking saggy butt spacers. Hopefully 3/8” is enough?

I need some help with the rear camber adjustment.

https://whitelineperformance.com/products/kta124-control-arm?gclid=Cj0KCQjwqPGUBhDwARIsANNwjV4OlITGdfzUDl40X1n0BVgRD-R137urHegyoJh0_Ye2lbtbjdvEHVIaAqJNEALw_wcB

I’ve looked at the Whiteline adjustable arms (KTA124) but Im hoping I can run the upper trailing arm bushing (KCA399) instead as I plan to leave the car at LGT wagon stock height.

https://subimods.com/products/whiteline-rear-camber-adjustment-bushings-2005-2009-lgt-kca399?variant=41168954065071&currency=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&gclid=Cj0KCQjwqPGUBhDwARIsANNwjV7YM0m-bC3QNyzp1KIjon1RCWWaS2WMVwMJUhPXpqODHcIRc1IxKJcaAs9hEALw_wcB

Any input would be appreciated.

Edited by careercadaver

What camber values were you hoping to achieve once all finished? Also, a little confused when you say "...I plan to leave the car at stock height." How will you be leaving at stock height? This suspension swap alone drops the car a couple inches, playing with the geometry big time, though it seems like you've read a bit on it, so you would know.

I swapped OEM LGT struts and springs, and upper control arms onto my H6, however I didn't remove the subframe spacers. From what I remember, the camber could've been corrected to w/in spec using only the KCA399 kit as it's good for +/- 1.25°.

I'm on OB-specific coilovers in a 2.5i now, using both the KTA124 and KCA399 kit in LGT UCAs, again I have not removed the subframe spacers. I appreciate the adjustment range these two kits provide on harmony, and highly recommended getting both if you can.

I've never removed my subframe spacers, and I wish I had hard numbers to provide to you for my H6 car, just inputting where I can. Hoping this helps some.

MILKRUN  - Click Here

What camber values were you hoping to achieve once all finished? Also, a little confused when you say "...I plan to leave the car at stock height." How will you be leaving at stock height? This suspension swap alone drops the car a couple inches, playing with the geometry big time, though it seems like you've read a bit on it, so you would know.

I swapped OEM LGT struts and springs, and upper control arms onto my H6, however I didn't remove the subframe spacers. From what I remember, the camber could've been corrected to w/in spec using only the KCA399 kit as it's good for +/- 1.25°.

I'm on OB-specific coilovers in a 2.5i now, using both the KTA124 and KCA399 kit in LGT UCAs, again I have not removed the subframe spacers. I appreciate the adjustment range these two kits provide on harmony, and highly recommended getting both if you can.

I've never removed my subframe spacers, and I wish I had hard numbers to provide to you for my H6 car, just inputting where I can. Hoping this helps some.

*edited original post. Planning to stay at LGT wagon stock height which I’m told will be about a 2” drop after I remove the spacers.

In relation to camber…possibly a little negative camber. Nothing crazy. -2° at most. Not looking for a track car but I’d love for it to handle.

My question is can I get by spending $60 on an adjustable bushing vs the $400 arms if I plan to stay at LGT wagon stock height. As I understand it there is no rear camber adjustment from the factory. Will adding a minimal spacer for saggy butt spacers push me toward the more expensive route?

Edited by careercadaver

I use Moog adjustable arms on my Gen 5 Outback (bought from Rock Auto); much less expensive, but not available for all models/years.

informenter-marker-1.png

I know both Whiteline and Megan make sets. I’ve seen the WL stuff straight up rot with all the salt we use locally. I’m not certain of Megan on a quality level. Megan and Moog would be sufficient for my application. DD, no track use.