LegacyGT.com

‘05 GT wagon for sale on BAT

I'll be listing my SWP 144k Wagon here soon and $10k would be a great deal, no YNANSB here! basically unmolested stg1 9 of 10 condition in and out too. Edited by JJr

Thanks for the 101. Is there a general consensus on acceptable oil consumption per 1000 miles? (>1 qt you are in diesel territory)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the 101. Is there a general consensus on acceptable oil consumption per 1000 miles? (>1 qt you are in diesel territory)

Just think, using oil at that rate, your always's adding fresh oil, so you should be able to go longer between oil changes. :)

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

If you're burning a noticable amount of oil on the dipstick within 1K miles your engine is probably not long for this world. My old engine burned a quart every 1K when I bought it with 202K on it and a quart every 500 miles when the engine came out at 214K. The car made a ton more power just having a new motor in it once everything was swapped, like 20 WHP per piston more.

I’ve also seen engines go through approx 1 qt per 1k for 80k miles. It varies.

Ooh, me! Me! Me! It's only been 40k miles though, but we're eating 1QT/500mi and have been under my ownership. Car has 155,504mi today. I bought at 118,000mi. Short block was replaced at 60,000mi. I've accepted the oil consumption for the time being. It's more expensive than I'd like it to be. Hoping the next short block doesn't consume as much. There aren't any external leaks.

MILKRUN  - Click Here

just do stage 1 with UP. enjoy the car, you are on borrowed time.

Yep, the rings are tired. Cold tests gave 95 PSI and 7% leakdown on all cylinders except #4 at 100 PSI and 4%. Apparently it doesn't know the rules.

Sending a VF40 core off to JmP and will stick to stage 1 until I'm ready to rebuild.

Yep, the rings are tired. Cold tests gave 95 PSI and 7% leakdown on all cylinders except #4 at 100 PSI and 4%. Apparently it doesn't know the rules.

Sending a VF40 core off to JmP and will stick to stage 1 until I'm ready to rebuild.

Education for me. These results look positive no? Isn’t >20% where you have an issue or is the concern cylinder doing its own thing?

Education for me. These results look positive no? Isn’t >20% where you have an issue or is the concern cylinder doing its own thing?

The consistent results indicate the engine is not about to die, just midway along its long smooth ride to the finish. The sub-100 compression results indicate that the engine is not a good candidate for stage 2 boost levels.

A really good engine should get 125 PSI, and Cryotune won't go stage 2 below 110 PSI.

The low leakdown numbers are encouraging that the engine will last a good while longer if treated decently.

The consistent results indicate the engine is not about to die, just midway along its long smooth ride to the finish. The sub-100 compression results indicate that the engine is not a good candidate for stage 2 boost levels.

A really good engine should get 125 PSI, and Cryotune won't go stage 2 below 110 PSI.

The low leakdown numbers are encouraging that the engine will last a good while longer if treated decently.

Different gauges read differently, too. When I got my engine compression tested on the old block I saw 120 as my lowest and 140 as my highest. I'd bet your engine is in near-perfect health tbh.

These are not the only cars, I also have a 2013 2.5i and it love oil. Subaru did do a recall on it and agreed to pay for half of the short block to be replaced. I talked to my shop and they said just do your oil changes and keep and eye on it. It does burn oil and I add fresh oil every so often. this is the FB25 motor.

with the cost of new cars, It will be cheaper to put a new short block in it and drive it.

The engine I pulled out of my '07 had 100 PSI on the two lowest cylinders and those had nasty vertical scoring on the walls. Not sure a 99.75mm re-bore would be enough to completely clean it up. At 95 PSI, I wouldn't count on this just being tired rings.

Different gauges read differently, too. When I got my engine compression tested on the old block I saw 120 as my lowest and 140 as my highest. I'd bet your engine is in near-perfect health tbh.

I used 2 compression testers, with consistent results.

My first leakdown tester read 15% on 3 cylinders, then fell apart. The second tester gave me the 7%s.

The engine does feel great, but unless somebody can recommend a compression tester I should use instead of my Harbor Freight toys, 95 PSI is what I got.

The engine I pulled out of my '07 had 100 PSI on the two lowest cylinders and those had nasty vertical scoring on the walls. Not sure a 99.75mm re-bore would be enough to completely clean it up. At 95 PSI, I wouldn't count on this just being tired rings.

95 is about where cornpression tested on a full blown Ringland fail for #4.

Already bored to 95.75 and now to 100mm.

Funny and sad part is I never had an issue with oil consumption until changing to forged pistons.

YMMV :bbq:

In case anyone is following this, I have been trying to post a 2005 GT 5EAT with a brand new shortblock, heads redecked, valves done, turbo rebuild by Pure Turbos in Oceanside.

Only mod is some lowering springs. Passes smog.

I don't have priveleges to post in the classifieds and I have been trying for months.

In case anyone is following this, I have been trying to post a 2005 GT 5EAT with a brand new shortblock, heads redecked, valves done, turbo rebuild by Pure Turbos in Oceanside.

Only mod is some lowering springs. Passes smog.

I don't have priveleges to post in the classifieds and I have been trying for months.

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/our-sites-general-sale-rules-all-members-please-review-195213.html?t=195213