LegacyGT.com

Checking interest in my 2000 Legacy GT 5 spd

Hi All,

Before I take the time to post an official for sale / part out I wanted to see if there was any interest at all in my car.

Specs:

2000 Legacy GT sedan with over 200K miles, lots of rear quarter panel rust.

The good: 5MT, Bilstein springs and struts, Cobb EL header, cat and newer axleback, Pennin LW crank pully, Delta 1500 cams, manifold spacers, Baja rear sway bar, Delicious stage 2 flashed ECM, Intake and wiring swapped to turn a EJ 252 into a EJ 251 to make the flashed ECM work, heads ported and polished when cams installed, new oil pump.

The bad: rust bad enough on rear passenger side to remove jacking point and currently rusted through brake line to that wheel.

It really needs to be parted out but I don't have the time or patience to do it.

I have a bunch of other parts for it, reman 2004 STi steering rack, rear diff bushings, Whiteline kit with bushings, tie rod ends and ball joints.

It runs fine, small leak of some sort on top of the block but too far under maniifold to really get to it.

If there is any interest, I will put together an actual For Sale or Part Out post. Really would like to let someone else go at it though and sell it whole.

The body is pretty much garbage, lots of the 22 year old Northeast rust where you would expect it.

I guess I will have to put up a part out thread soonish and get some pictures up.

But anyone closer to NJ that wanted it whole would be better for me.

Have to find time to put it up on stands and replace the brake line section and do a flush of the brake system. That has been on the list of things to do and the hole in the line makes it a bit more urgent.

I was going to do the bushings in the rear differential since they are gone and it flops around a bunch.

Thinking about it, I also have a 5MT transmission that needs a new center differential, which I have a used one sitting around and a matching rear diff that I have new seals waiting to be installed. And a 2006 front crossmember when I thought I would be going to the newest STi steering rack for the tighter ratio but decided on the 2004 as it should bolt right up.

The rack is still in the box from an Ebay remanufacturer with the core charge invoice waiting years for me to do the swap.

What else do I have? Heated seat inserts from an Outback and the wiring to make them work. Leather seats from a 2nd gen sedan too.