LegacyGT.com

Uprated CV axles?

Hi everyone, I hope this is the right place to post this (I’m new to the forum). I have a 1996 legacy outback drift car and yea.. I keep breaking CVs. Usually the carrier breaks. The reason I’m posting here is to ask if anyone knows if there are uprated rear CV axles that would fit my car. I know forester axles will fit as I’ve used them before, but I can’t find any beefed up axles for either model. I’m assuming newer sti or brz axles wouldn’t fit? All info and input is welcome.

Thanks, Jacob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t have the same car, but Card-one makes “heavy duty” reman axles. I have them on my car and they work fine. But honestly axles is just part of the the drift car life you’re living if you’re using an older subaru. Tires, axles, and brake pads are just maintenance items probably.

Is funny to hear someone complain about a component breaking, when that component on 99.9999% of Subaru's literally, LITERALLY, lasts the life time of the car. but but but, RACE CAR.

Sounds like you need to upgrade to an R180 or R200. The heavy duty axles available for you are for extra articulation, not rotation, but they may still help...

Is funny to hear someone complain about a component breaking, when that component on 99.9999% of Subaru's literally, LITERALLY, lasts the life time of the car. but but but, RACE CAR.

Sounds like you need to upgrade to an R180 or R200. The heavy duty axles available for you are for extra articulation, not rotation, but they may still help...

Say what you want about Subaru axles but not one of mine are original with 230K on the car and the first failure was just out of warranty. The axle boot is next to the hot exhaust and often sends the right front one on its way out very quickly in most, if not all, Subarus.

>Say what you want about Subaru axles but not one of mine are original with 230K on the car and the first failure was just out of warranty. The axle boot is next to the hot exhaust and often sends the right front one on its way out very quickly in most, if not all, Subarus.

Unless you maintain your car. I've never had a boot failure on my Subaru in 310k because I learned on previous cars to maintain them.

Also, the 5MT is total junk. I mean every guy that has taken a 200 ft lb engine and turbo'ed it to the moon and pushed 450+ ft lb through it has resulted in breakage. Subaru screwed us all by actively not choosing to put a D9 dozer trans in to support the few people that want more powah!

Say what you want about Subaru axles but not one of mine are original with 230K on the car and the first failure was just out of warranty. The axle boot is next to the hot exhaust and often sends the right front one on its way out very quickly in most, if not all, Subarus.

I don't think this man is drifting with a front wheel drive car. I've sheared a front axle from too much launch. the rears last forever, as i had implied.