LegacyGT.com

MAJOR TUNING NEWS - 4/18 Cobb tuning changes bring serious challenges to tuning

Pleides

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's awesome, how did you handle the CELs for the missing TGV sensors? I didn't realize there was a way to manage those without disabling the codes.

I had to shut them off as I repurposed the TGV inputs for fuel/oil pressure and Wideband. I have all the other ones on with catted downpipe and such.

To answer your question about the TGV's, What the shop did was mod my stock one's so that the car would stay in spec and have no cel on. I had bought IAG deletes on the forums but they were wrong. So they modified the stock ones to do that same thing as the IAG ones do. I they also sold them for what I paid for them for me.

You can have everything you want done to your car, I was told you just cannot cut corners, and custom work needs to be done. This shop works on rally cars, track cars and other built subarus. I talked to the owner and he said do not worry about the EPA crap, bring your parts and it will be done with no cel on the dash. I have not had a cel or check engine light for 3 years.

"I think pulling the butterfly out but leaving the actuators, rod assembly, etc is the answer." ---- this is what I have done

Edited by NORULZleggy

I have yet to plug my AP into the laptop lately but I'm pretty sure it's an older V3 and there are a bunch of maps on it.

Do we not update them any longer via the manager? Is that how we keep what we have if we do indeed have say, stage 2 tunes?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I have yet to plug my AP into the laptop lately but I'm pretty sure it's an older V3 and there are a bunch of maps on it.

Do we not update them any longer via the manager? Is that how we keep what we have if we do indeed have say, stage 2 tunes?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

The AP manager just transfers maps and firmware back and forth between the PC and the AP. What the tunes are is not the manager's concern.

Any tunes you already have are yours to keep, Cobb can't and wouldn't try to "suck" them out of your AP via the manager.

On a side note ive never seen so many fueling, induction and catless items for sale on the secondhand markets :lol: in the DMV area all I see are "bought new not installing my loss your gain" sales for catless DP/J-pipes, TGV deleted, Flex Fuel and all those things AP is useless for installing going forward.

I have my OEM DP but I also run a catted GS DP, i never had a problem passing emissions here in VA but im sure those in the sniffer states have other problems.

race wagon is still on cobb v2. It has a whole lot of edits in the map to get rid of CELs.

While looking for options, I came across this posting from iWire about going with an aftermarket ecu: https://iwireusa.com/blogs/iwire-university/stock-ecu-vs-standalone-ecu-in-your-subaru

I know several racers who have gone with Motec on their production-based race cars. It's not even remotely cheap, however, solves alot of race car problems. Running one on the street would probably suck for creature comforts.

It also takes days upon days to tune an aftermarket ECU. As Chris from Surgeline explained to me, you can kinda get a car up and running and probably working well on a dyno with no knock if you slap a cobb tune from a similar car onto one that just got some modifications that are similar done and run it with minor adjustments. With a Motec or Haltech standalone, you're looking at many revisions over several days figuring out absolutely every facet of ECU calibration.

The AP manager just transfers maps and firmware back and forth between the PC and the AP. What the tunes are is not the manager's concern.

Any tunes you already have are yours to keep, Cobb can't and wouldn't try to "suck" them out of your AP via the manager.

I think you still have to update to the latest software to be able to move those maps on the Computer with your AP... not sure if they scan and disable the non compliant tunes that way. That would be pretty nuts

Umm, so if I say picked up a used Cobb downpipe and noticed there is no longer a Stage 2 OTS tune available on the cobb site to download onto my AP...now what?

I have the OTS tunes saved if you need them.

I have set up a repository of no-longer-available OTS tunes, link below. I have posted many maps, but still need lots more. Currently especially looking for '05-'06 LGT v400 stage 2 91 octane for MT and AT. Anyone with maps to contribute, please PM me for my email address. Thanks!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qr16webgzyhd2r6/AABi_qMkOsInCSmBx0PDnEZQa?dl=0

I'm about to send some files over. The tunes I have showing in AP Manager, nearly all have "AT" in the file name. My car is a 5EAT so that makes sense.

I purchased my AP used.

There is one MT file "Stage1 93 MTv331 HWG" and two additional files showing for a WRX ("TP Stage1 Stock Airbox 2013 WRX-93fuel" and "TP Stage1 Stock Airbox 2013 WRX-91fuel")

Would additional maps appear in AP Manager if an AP is unmarried?

• 2 weeks later...