LegacyGT.com

Google Search Results Not Appearing?

So, I typically used google to find old useful threads on here but I just realized that google search is not helping at all anymore because the search results do not show a list of links from the forums. I typically google something like “legacy guy.com engine removal” and the first result that shows up would be the engine removal thread but it does not come up with a google search anymore.

I find that vBulletin search feature to be mediocre at best and usually google was the best way to quickly find relative information on the website. The result of this means that you need an account to conveniently search through the forums since the search feature on the website has a timeout. Is this maybe on purpose?

Any of the website admins want to chime in on this? Did something change? Is there something wrong with the website crawlers that are supposed to help get the website links on google? Or is this just me? :spin:

I usually use something like

"site:legacygt.com engine removal"

Right now it's only pulling a single result for me, which seems kind of strange.

Usually it would show multiple results. Typing in "site:legacygt.com build thread" should show at least 20 different links considering the amount of build threads there are on this forum but only one pops up using google.

Edit: I wonder if it has anything to do with this thread: https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/update-ssl-tls-certificate-286645.html

vBulletin is an ancient forum software, perhaps the website is just getting outdated and unsupported by other plugins the website uses, etc.

Edit 2: Also found this from google which may explain it... https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/7489871?hl=en#zippy=%2Cthis-is-my-site%2Cthe-page-is-blocked-by-robotstxt

There is a link at the bottom of the google search that allows you to include ommitted search results which does show multiple links from the website but the thread title and content is hidden until you commit to clicking the link.

Edited by Notorious