LegacyGT.com

Rotor compatibility for JDM cars

I am looking at upgrading rotors on my car (GT-B) and am trying to figure out if there are any known differences I need to consider before purchase.

R1 concepts has criteria for '96 Subaru Legacy Wagon GT' but figured I would check here before buying.

https://www.r1concepts.com/detail_catalog/index/r1-carbon-geomet-Series_eLINE-Series/ref=SUBARU+LEGACY+1996+WagonSMCL_GTcma_LSi;_with_Rear_Disc_Brakes+Front_and_Rear+Drilled_and_Slotted_Rotor++Optimum_OEp++eLINE-Series

Apologies if this is covered somewhere, I did try to look around a bit first.

• 2 weeks later...
Did you find an answer to your question? I just purchased a 97 GTB. I am also hungry to find answers for how to fit USDM stuff to the JDM platform.

From what I have found the GT-B has 295mm Front \ 290mm Rear...for reference the USDM GT I have found is equipped with 277mm Front \ 266mm Rear.

The GC8 STI brakes swap over (from what I have heard, still trying to confirm).

Hopefully some of my digging helps out.

I also found this website( http://www.partsouq.com) it has a ton of usdm part numbers for jdm applications. You can search by vin, it’s pretty sweet. It looks like the 02-03 USDM WRXC pads/rotors will fit our GTB's. Seems like the 4 pot/ 2pot upgrade from wrx will also fit.

I will need to do front pads/rotors sometime this summer, but Ill probably just stay with oem. Based on what I have been reading, the oem GTB brakes were sufficient even for light track use. I have 2 car seats in my wagon... so Ill stay off the track lol.

Where are you located anyways? I am in New Hampshire.

Edited by LosMan603