LegacyGT.com

I Don't Like Paddle Shifters

Hello,

I've been looking for a different way to shift up and down through the "(simulated) gears" on my 2012 Legacy 2.5i CVT, other than the inconvenient paddle shifters currently on it. Maybe by putting something on or near the console for more convenience. Does anyone have experience with this or know of someone who has done this? Ideas are always appreciated.

And a related bonus question:

Due to it being a CVT with "gears", is there a way to program more gears with different gear ratios, or change the ratios of the "gears" on it?

Edited by Josiah
Cleaning up the question.

Hello,

I've been looking for a different way to shift up and down through the "(simulated) gears" on my 2012 Legacy 2.5i CVT, other than the inconvenient paddle shifters currently on it. Maybe by putting something on or near the console for more convenience. Does anyone have experience with this or know of someone who has done this? Ideas are always appreciated.

And a related bonus question:

Due to it being a CVT with "gears", is there a way to program more gears with different gear ratios, or change the ratios of the "gears" on it?

I have a great solution to the issue.. get a non CVT car.

Seriously all jokes aside I don’t even touch the paddle shifters and in my three liter I have used them once. I have manual cars for fun and Autos just to make my like simple.

I have a great solution to the issue.. get a non CVT car.

Seriously all jokes aside I don’t even touch the paddle shifters and in my three liter I have used them once. I have manual cars for fun and Autos just to make my like simple.

Definitely answered the question asked. Do you copy and paste this to every question in this section?

You bought NA vehicle, with a 4 cylinder engine, that happens to be a good runabout commuter with a dependable CVT and you expected what?. Just drive it, be safe, be happy with what you have.
Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

• 1 month later...
Yeah, funny, we have had two Outbacks with paddle shifters, I can say, we've never used them. It's not what the car is about.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here