LegacyGT.com

Email notifications?

PM sent.

Last notification I received was on May 20. :eek:

Why?????? WHY are you asking for more email notifications still? No one is replying to your threads, trust us. We are on life support here and you want more emails instead of using the built in User CP??????? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU MAN!?!?!?!?!?!?! :lol: LOUD

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Why?????? WHY are you asking for more email notifications still? No one is replying to your threads, trust us. We are on life support here and you want more emails instead of using the built in User CP??????? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU MAN!?!?!?!?!?!?! :lol: LOUD

Hes older than Bosco and has some FWR:FW:re:Re:RE:FWRD emails he needs to share.

I can look into emails, if that seems to be an issue, but I'm receiving them fine in both test accounts and admin accounts. Feel free to PM me details.

PM sent.

Last notification I received was on May 20. :eek:

The last one I got was 16 May. :mad:

SC

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

Same old problem and looks like I am not the only one....I am subscribed to 53 threads and have not had an e-mail notification in almost 2 months.... I have checked and there are hundreds of replies I should have been notified of over that time.

This seems to be a recurring problem on this forum.

I have "Unsubscribed" and then "Subscribed" to a lot of the most active ones...

I have checked and confirmed that my e-mail is correct and notifications are enabled....

Still nothing....is this forum slowly fading away?

Any help would be appreciated....how about someone send me a PM just to see if I get notified on that function?

Thanks

PS.... I just noticed that my "Post count" has dropped to 454....it should be in the thousands....also lots of very active members show almost no posts....what's up??

Slow death of legacygt.com ?????

Edited by Scooby Fan

My suspicion is that the lost mails has to do more with all the anti-spam solutions in action today like SPF (Sender Policy Framework) and if a mail is not sent from an approved server/IP address it's thrown into the trash. Sometimes the mails are sent back to the sender, but not always.
453747.png

And what is your idea as to why our thousands of posts don't show anymore?

A few years ago I went through this same issue and, as you guess, it was due to my ISP not forwarding any e-mail from legacygt because it showed to them as a spam site. I believe that the server that legacygt was (maybe still) used was a problem (Name may have been Barracuda?) I got around it by switching to a gmail address but it seems that doesn't work anymore either. Oh well :(

I'll look in from time to time to see what's going on.

Edited by Scooby Fan

And what is your idea as to why our thousands of posts don't show anymore?

A few years ago I went through this same issue and, as you guess, it was due to my ISP not forwarding any e-mail from legacygt because it showed to them as a spam site. I believe that the server that legacygt was (maybe still) used was a problem (Name may have been Barracuda?) I got around it by switching to a gmail address but it seems that doesn't work anymore either. Oh well :(

I'll look in from time to time to see what's going on.

You understand how User CP works? Think of it like pull vs push.

Unfortunately the site is about 10GB of text alone and that's part of the problem. Don't need 15 year old threads of someone selling some struts. Even just purging that down to like 2GB will make a huge difference.

HEY GUYS!!! Not to you know... ruffle any feathers... but Tide literally replied INSIDE this actual thread with, like, answers and stuff. Enjoy! :lol:

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

FORUM ANOUNCEMENT:

in leu of the removal of the thanks button, PM joeleodee with a link to any thread you wish to thank.

Thank you for that reminder WT! joel is a great resource.

• I Donated
My suspicion is that the lost mails has to do more with all the anti-spam solutions in action today like SPF (Sender Policy Framework) and if a mail is not sent from an approved server/IP address it's thrown into the trash. Sometimes the mails are sent back to the sender, but not always.
SPF/DMARC actually could well be the culprit. A lot of email providers are really cracking down on domains with improperly configured or missing SPF/DMARC info.

Still no response from Tide to my PM :iam: