Year, Make, Model: 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS coupe 2 door

Price: $20,500 USD or $25,000 CAD

Mileage:11,671

Transmission:Manual

Lien: No liens

VIN:JF1GM6758WG402426

Description and Mods:

222-jpg.88514

This is a once in a lifetime find. A beautiful condition, clean title, rust free Impreza 2 door coupe with only 11,671 miles (18,560km). It had not been used since 1999, and has since been refreshed, cleaned up, and brought back to the road. I have owned it since 2019, and used it on weekends during the summer. It had 9419 miles at purchase.

It was discovered at a rural shop, and having seen it there for many years, one day inquired about purchasing it. It was missing the front bumper and grill at the time. Although the body and interior were in excellent condition, the entire fuel system needed to be replaced, as well as the tank and pump due to 20 years of old gas sitting within. The timing belt was also changed at that time, due to age. All oils, fluids, and filters were changed as well for the entire drivetrain.

Intending to recreate the car I wanted to buy back in 1999, I decided to have it resprayed silver. This also afforded an opportunity to remove the bodyside moldings and have the holes properly welded and sealed. Before painting, I also had all the engine bay, underbody, and quarter panel gaps freshly seam sealed. The exterior window and roof trims were replaced with new Subaru parts in addition to any exterior plastic components that had any signs of weathering.

All modifications were done with the intent of maximizing the lightness of the naturally aspirated coupe platform with a unique look. It gets lots of attention on the road, and would be quite notable at a car meet. Drives smooth and responsive. The DCCD system definitely gives it a more rear wheel drive dynamic, but without the weight associated with the STI 6MT. The 4/2 braking system is paired with a larger master cylinder to allow the pedal a more direct feel. I had considered doing a full turbo swap of course, yet I'm glad I did not. Having a car you can use all of the power on the road is just so enjoyable. It's light, peppy, and lots of fun.

Has the following modifications with the original parts included, or available to purchase where noted:

Version 3 WRX front bumper, lights, grille, with aluminum hood

Version 5 WRX type RA rear bumper

ABS delete with all new 4/2 pot brakes and stainless lines (OEM brakes, pads, rotors, and ABS pump included)

STI type RA DCCD system, with automatic/manual DCCD Pro controller (OEM viscous center differential available, but not included)

Aluminum STI front control arms (OEM steel arms included)

JDM sport seats, with 60/40 folding rear seat and passthrough (OEM rear seats included, OEM front seats available, but not included)

Side skirts and side moldings removed (Skirts and moldings included, but mounting holes have been sealed)

Amber and clear front corner lights

JDM clear tail lights (OEM amber lights included)

2 spoiler options included - Mid as pictured installed, and OEM RS high

Functional JDM rear wiper and glass (OEM non wiper glass included)

WRX rear swaybar (OEM included)

Trunk mounted battery with carpeted enclosure (Engine bay battery placement unmodified, battery can be relocated)

WRX Limited slip rear differential

Rallytech urethane mud flaps

Viper Remote start, alarm, keyless entry

-Available for $950 Enkei RPF1 16x7 +35 rims with no tires, like new, with boxes.

Currently listed on Bring a Trailer now https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...preza-2-5rs-9/