LegacyGT.com

15+ WRX 6mt into 05/09 Legacy/OB

Scottydunno

Did any of you feel that the verus fork and pivot ball be overkill along with tsk snout? I'm only considering to get them all just because I had my fork give up on my when i had southbend stage 3 daily clutch and wouldn't want to take it apart just for broken fork or damaged snout

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

Did any of you feel that the verus fork and pivot ball be overkill along with tsk snout? I'm only considering to get them all just because I had my fork give up on my when i had southbend stage 3 daily clutch and wouldn't want to take it apart just for broken fork or damaged snout

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I did all three for that same reason.

I already had the versus fork and pivot from a slightly used clutch purchase, I added the tsk snout kit on this cycle. I don't want to go back in until it's time for a new clutch.

I can confirm that you shouldn't use a 2015+ flywheel. The difference is only a couple of millimeters but it's significant.

036258dba79ff20d4bcf3f4e58fa0735.jpg

Which is which? A couple of millimeters thinner I wouldn't think would be an issue because that would allow the pressure plate/hydraulics work normally. Thicker, I can see an issue where there wouldn't be enough room for everything to work.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Which is which? A couple of millimeters thinner I wouldn't think would be an issue because that would allow the pressure plate/hydraulics work normally. Thicker, I can see an issue where there wouldn't be enough room for everything to work.

2015+ is on the right. The starter doesn't engage properly and the clutch doesn't get enough bite. Here is a picture of the face where you can see the clutch plate mating surface.

a5893cbfacdaf930b7ab8deb9d14b912.jpg7304015717a67f6071b4ecb3b6708228.jpg

Edited by rhino6303

2015+ is on the right. The starter doesn't engage properly and the clutch doesn't get enough bite. Here is a picture of the face where you can see the clutch plate mating surface.

a5893cbfacdaf930b7ab8deb9d14b912.jpg7304015717a67f6071b4ecb3b6708228.jpg

I understand now. In my head being spaced a smidge further away wouldn't cause an an issue. I'm glad I'm wrong and learned something new!

• 6 months later...

Here we are a year later..

As of now everything is still good, though a noise that I thought was minor is getting slightly worse. Seems like front diff bearings. The only changes I would do at this point is a short throw shifter and the mods down below on the trans itself. Still no major issues, and would do this again and again. Thanx everyone for input and following along on this journey. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Scottydunno said:

@Pleidesyou think I'm hearing normal noise just amplified by worn bushings? Would make sense since the noise has gotten worse in the year, not to mention sitting as a weekend car for about 3 months.. 

My bushings are tossed under the car for the subframe and crossmember bushings because I didn't realize, at the time they were installed, that they need regular greasing and that a ton of car has to be removed to lube them. Now my front diff/trans is super loud even though the fluid levels are fine and the fluid is in good shape. I definitely regret the urethane bushings and wish I had kept those OEM.

If you wanna be sure, check the fluid in the diff. I'd bet it's fine. Also, potentially check the wheel bearings?

I know the 5-speed is quite noisy and I'd assume the split case 6 speed is much the same. Could just be the way the car is in the cold until the fluid is hot.

Edited by Pleides
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

2 years in and finally upgraded to a short shifter. I got a boomba shifter, shift cable bushing, and the 1/2 shifter stop. Got it all 2nd hand, still new in package for 200 bux. 

The shifter and shifter stop has been installed and "now" works flawlessly. The shifter stop is easy to install and adjust. The stop takes away all of the slop that's in 1st and 2nd. There is actually a fair amount of slop! No more missed 2nd gear shifts. 

The shifter itself on the other hand, requires complete disassembly of the shifter assembly. It's not difficult, just time consuming. After initial install throws were definitely shorter and the height and location of the shifter was in more user friendly location. The only issue was that the throw from neutral to say 3rd was shorter than neutral to 4th. Engagement was different too. The cable would actually pop off when going into 3rd. After a few fixes I discovered the problem. 

I figured the shifter wasn't manufactured correctly and was causing all of the issues. Since I bought it 2nd hand with no receipt I was essentially stuck with it. The options were install the stock shifter or buy another from a different brand. On the last failure I decided to look and see if there was an actual cause. Because of how the shifter was, it was actually hitting the back of the shifter cable box and disengaging the cable whenever it goes into 3rd. 

I modded the shifter cable box for clearance and no more issues. Pictures explain it all...

20240202_173200.jpg

20240202_174545.jpg

20240202_175006.jpg

20240202_175026.jpg

20240202_182233.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know if the 2022 WRX 6mt Transmission is the same? Cannot tell based on part numbers etc. Want to try this 6mt setup but finding a transmission is more challenging than I thought.