LegacyGT.com

A bit of a question

MoleMan

Ok,

As of recent every single Outback driver I have encountered has been a real Asshole. I own multiple cars across multiple brands including Audi,infinity, and a Mercedes. I have always honestly thought those brands have some of the biggest AHs. Outback owners always seemed to be the most friendliest people up to now.

I have seen it the dealership seeing Outback drivers yelling at service people because “I bought a Subaru to drive in bad weather” yet they don’t understand their tires are 2/32 of tread and that why the car is not gripping. Or in the case of today pulled into a parking lot to get lunch. Guy pulls next to me with his 3.6 Outback with a bunch of cycling stickers of the rear glass. Started to talk to him since we support and have raced bikes for years on a semi and professional level and he gave me a get away from me AH look. Then proceeds to cut In front of two people.

I am not saying once again other brand drivers are not Asses but once again of recent I am seeing this trend of Arrogance with the Outback drivers in specific. While on the other side of the spectrum the WRX guys just wanna race everyone with a smile on.

Anyone have any opinions specifically on this subject? I know some of the members here own Outback’s and as mentioned most people I encountered for years always had this I just smoked something happy as a clam attitude.

And I figured this was the best place to post this as most are Sixth gen Outback’s.

Sounds like all no-nothing car owners to me...

To generalize as badly as you do, I consider all pickup drivers AH's. My empirical data tells me they're the only ones who close the gap when I'm trying to enter the highway (this is actually mostly true).

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where

@Brisvegas,

When I lived in South Africa that is when we used to say as well when the Wallabies came to play the Springboks. @Dishwasher Not to mention the V6 Charger and V6 Mustang drivers. @Whitetiger I will agree on your statement probably more then my Outback rant. The Wrangler, Base model A4 Drivers, and Outback drivers are all on the top of the list in my area. The F150 Ecoboost drivers along with the Ford Edge drivers round out the top five.

And finally@gathermewool. Its mainly the base model half tons that think they are one tons that seem to have this issue and mainly Ford F150s ecoboosts. Most of the 3/4 and 1 Ton owners know they can get away with being an asshole because they have the power to get away. I have a mid 90's 3/4 ton Diesel with a controller and an exhaust. I mainly only drive it to tow the fifth wheel when we go camping. But I forget sometimes that it blows black smoke just because its a dodge and its even worse with the controller.

All in all I will agree each brand has some smug AH drivers.

@Whitexc,

I will be happy to take a pic for you tomorrow when I get back home from my business trip. First time anyone wanted a pic of my old truck! The exclusive part is its a manual! Don’t really see a lot of manual Diesels anymore.

@Sliverton,

I remember when COVID hit In 2020 the highway patrol where I live were clocking people on an average of 90 and sometimes 100 and it was all over the news urging people to slow down. They were not pulling anyone over because nobody knew how serious COVID was at the time. It says something that when the state troopers don’t wanna pull someone over unless they have to what’s going on. I generally don’t want someone right next to me pacing my speed when driving lol. But to your point people I think are just over this and feeling pushed and in a pissy mood. I think we are all trying to make the best of it and all have rants as you saw with me!

Edited by MoleMan

My dad had a 1993 Dodge diesel with a manual for a long time when we were in Wyoming, then traded for a 2004 Dodge diesel, also manual. That was one of my favorite trucks of all time. I was hoping to get it one day, but he sold it recently for more than he paid for it 10 years ago, and it has over 250k miles.

I daily a f-150 eco boost and I WILL. CUT YOU OFF WHEN I FEEL LIKE IT!

Jk I drive that thing like a grandpa, but I get my speed fix in the LGT. In reality THE F150 is way quicker than a truck needs to be. It absolutely rips.

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder