LegacyGT.com

Boost Problems, Car Wants to Die

So I was driving my car around for awhile today and it was fine for the majority, near the end of my drive the car was stuttering and almost dying under a few conditions: when started, revving and then letting off, coming out of first. It also used to build boost to like 16.5 (I’m on Stage 2) but now it won’t even build past 12 under WOT. Also when the car is building boost and I let off it shakes pretty bad and pops. Here’s a video of me trying to build boost on the highway:

I am lost as to what this is, as it was driving perfectly fine earlier, the only two codes I’ve gotten is for EGT High Input, and Catalytic Converter Efficiency which have been coming up on the highway for weeks and I researched it and people say it’s normal for a catless car. I tried resetting the ECU and letting the dam build back up but it still didn’t help and I haven’t gotten any codes yet. My AFR Learning also hit like -14 if that’s important.

Make sure you haven't blown off a vacuum hose or Throttle Body hose ?

Boost leak test may be a good idea.

You may want to post this link in a thread in the 4th Gen forum. You'll get more help there.

Edited by Max Capacity

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here