LegacyGT.com

$4 Aux-In for P203-UH

LGTorv

Hey everyone,

I'm a student at the moment and don't have $300+ to drop on a JDM radio fascia + head unit, and with AE64 seemingly inactive and the Jazzy boards no longer being made, I couldn't find a way to "cheaply" get aux in my car. I know there's the upgraded headunit from the later LGTs + Impreza aux harness option still available, but there's an even cheaper option that a friend sent me recently. Granted, it's pretty ghetto and the new headunit option is what most of you would probably spring for, but that aside, here's the video I was sent.

Basically, the switch bypasses two traces in the PCB. When the aux jack is unplugged it lets the FM signal through, and when it's plugged in it just sends the aux signal through the trace instead. Here's the Digikey link: https://www.digikey.com/short/3w55b2

I attempted it myself, although I made the wiring too short so it doesn't quite reach the ash tray/cubby where I initially planned to install it. Been working well for a couple weeks now. I also got a ground loop noise isolator although I didn't end up noticing much static without it though. Thought I'd share here since it worked so well for being $4.

(yes the tape in the pic was temporary lol)

1886313326_2021-12-1019_13_32-regulars-Discord.thumb.png.2a792a365d4280e58c39050da4c0b92f.png

• Like 1