LegacyGT.com

2008-2009 OB Headlamps

I have an 08 LL Bean with wore out headlights. A resto on these was considered except they are Depot brand.

Any suggestions on replacement assemblies? What manufacturer sells the best without spending for true Subaru lamps?

...and yes, I have spent hours searching the forum.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, replaced with 'D' brand (360). I removed a TYC and a Subaru and the Subaru had some issue with the hi-beam socket being way crooked. No idea how that happened. I will operate on it just out of curiosity. The TYC lens was so bad, had the incorrect connector for the low beam bulb not allowing for a good seal and always leaked. The back of it appeared only a couple of years old. We had a 2003 WRX that had very old Depos and they were fine.

Man, what a difference. Time for some good Hi-Beam bulbs and Nok yellows for the fogs; plenty of snow driving here.

Edited by 4BKT VET
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...

glad the Depos worked out for u

usually anything Aftermarket Headlights are a hit or miss...i remember getting Retrofits done on my old ride and after paying so much for the clear lens and blacked out headlight look...was disappointed how thin the Plastic lens was compared with OEM

OEM is usually best for anything but i was wanting to upgrade to Depo for the clear Lens sometime in the future too

any pics on yours?