LegacyGT.com

Sold My Legacy 3.6r-Subaru vs Competition

As mentioned on another post, my 2018 3.6r was on the side on the freeway. Both passenger doors were damaged and replaced. The repair was about 5k and parts with repair took over a month. My collision shop was able to repair all the damages.

Enterprise rental loaned me a new 2021 Q50 for that time. And I liked how fast the V6 twin turbo moved with all the tech. It reminded me when I bought my first Legacy GT back in 2005.

I sold my 3.6r @ Carmax and they gave me about 27k in cash. The 3.6r is a nice car. If the XT looked better and offered a sport edition with turbo, I would have bought that.

But Subaru feels like they need to build a plain sedan with AWD and great interiors (touring). When I test the XT, the looks and handling is what prevented me to buying it.

We have bought 8 subarus in the past 16 years. We still have an Ascent and my 11 Wrx LTD. I bought a new 2022 Q50 but I test drove/researched other brands in the process.

The Kia K5 Gt is a serious competitor to the Legacy and other family sedans. Their turbo model is fast and is cheaper than an XT. You can get a car that goes about 0-60 in close to 5 seconds. It also looks sharp. I couldn't bring myself to buy a Kia. The handling was decent but ok. The FWD is a turnoff.

The Genesis G70 is a great car starting at 37k. It's about the same price if not cheaper in its lower models (compared to a loaded Touring) with a great interior and much better transmission (that the legacy) and offers quick handling. The looks are great on this car imo. And I almost bought it.

The Kia Stinger entry model starts about the same price as the XT. The engine was pretty impressive and its a fast car. There's more room than I thought. I didn't purchase this car because of the lower quality interior than the Q50 but its still nice.

For kicks, I checked I even checked out the Volvo S60. It's a great car with nice interior and handled great. The engine and trannny were very high quality. The price was more expensive for their lowest model but it was around 40k. I didn't go with Volvo because of the FWD.

I got the best deal with Q50. It's v6 turbo is fast, the interior is great, and I actually like all the tech like electronic steering wheel tilt, the contour seats, heated mirrors and steering wheel, and the dual digital screens.

I have had 2 legacies and they both served me well. Legacy owners deserve an sti or spec b legacy like the Outback gets a wilderness IMO for people that want more.

1285532461_infinitiq50.png.c2b931454c4b6e355815b8cb01c36be9.png

As mentioned on another post, my 2018 3.6r was on the side on the freeway. Both passenger doors were damaged and replaced. The repair was about 5k and parts with repair took over a month. My collision shop was able to repair all the damages.

Enterprise rental loaned me a new 2021 Q50 for that time. And I liked how fast the V6 twin turbo moved with all the tech. It reminded me when I bought my first Legacy GT back in 2005.

I sold my 3.6r @ Carmax and they gave me about 27k in cash. The 3.6r is a nice car. If the XT looked better and offered a sport edition with turbo, I would have bought that.

But Subaru feels like they need to build a plain sedan with AWD and great interiors (touring). When I test the XT, the looks and handling is what prevented me to buying it.

We have bought 8 subarus in the past 16 years. We still have an Ascent and my 11 Wrx LTD. I bought a new 2022 Q50 but I test drove/researched other brands in the process.

The Kia K5 Gt is a serious competitor to the Legacy and other family sedans. Their turbo model is fast and is cheaper than an XT. You can get a car that goes about 0-60 in close to 5 seconds. It also looks sharp. I couldn't bring myself to buy a Kia. The handling was decent but ok. The FWD is a turnoff.

The Genesis G70 is a great car starting at 37k. It's about the same price if not cheaper in its lower models (compared to a loaded Touring) with a great interior and much better transmission (that the legacy) and offers quick handling. The looks are great on this car imo. And I almost bought it.

The Kia Stinger entry model starts about the same price as the XT. The engine was pretty impressive and its a fast car. There's more room than I thought. I didn't purchase this car because of the lower quality interior than the Q50 but its still nice.

For kicks, I checked I even checked out the Volvo S60. It's a great car with nice interior and handled great. The engine and trannny were very high quality. The price was more expensive for their lowest model but it was around 40k. I didn't go with Volvo because of the FWD.

I got the best deal with Q50. It's v6 turbo is fast, the interior is great, and I actually like all the tech like electronic steering wheel tilt, the contour seats, heated mirrors and steering wheel, and the dual digital screens.

I have had 2 legacies and they both served me well. Legacy owners deserve an sti or spec b legacy like the Outback gets a wilderness IMO for people that want more.

Good Luck and have fun with your New Car..[emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk