LegacyGT.com

Dual Zone HVAC/Double Dins/Kenwood GX-204LE Anyone Interested?

AlexShu

Are you interested?  

1. 1. Are you interested?

• Yes
    • No
    • 3-4?? Those are rookie numbers, you got to pump up those numbers!! give us more HVACs

Hi guys,

You might remember me from this post around 10 years ago:

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/legacy-2009-caska-multimedia-system-installation-164798.html

It was my dads car and now its mine and since then there have been some changes made, the original Kenwood faceplate was modified to fit a double din in there and fitted with an Alpine HU and then with an ATOTO A6, now I'm looking into buying an OEM Android unit that will go between the vents, therefore wanted to rollback to the original HU that came with the car, and I found 3-4 units wandering around the local market just like my original one GX-204LE where the HVAC control is a separate unit.

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc43/Blinkergrip/legacy/IMAG0012.jpg

Is anyone here interested in the HVAC control unit/HU/just the faceplates or any combination of those ?

I've seen 3-4 units ranging in wear and price, up to 130$.

Keep in mind I'm from Israel and International shipping for heavy HUs is expensive.

Also willing to sell the Caska unit from the thread above for a very reasonable price, if anyone is interested in this dinosaur.

By no means I'm looking to get profit, just want to help fellow gen4 legacy owners.

If you are interested please specify what portion of the HU you need:

• HVAC module only (disassembledfrom face plate)
  • HVAC with face plate (AMP part disassembled)
  • Whole HU

Edited by AlexShu

I would be interested in one. I'd also like the filter from the headunit so the brighntess is correct.

These are left hand drive, correct?

Thanks!

Yes, these are left hand drive.

what is this filter you mentioned?

Ok there is some interest. good to know.

guys please specify what portion of the HU you need:

• Whole HU

Yes, these are left hand drive.

what is this filter you mentioned?

Ok there is some interest. good to know.

guys please specify what portion of the HU you need:

• Whole HU

Here is a post with some more information about the vfd filter.

Alrighty, so here's the long-awaited post about the AC/Double DIN Controls for LHD cars. Unfortunately, I lost all the photos I took so I wrote this to the best of my ability.

2. What you will need

•  
    • Double DIN Faceplate from eBay

• i88 and associated wire harnesses, available from svxDC, Tight Fit Fabrication or Auto Harness House

• Metra 40-SB-10-18 Antenna Adapter

• Subaru Euro Radio P/N: 86201AG460

• Factory Radio

• Superglue

• X-Acto Knife or thin blade

• A bit of patience

• 20-40 minutes of time

[*] Getting Started

To get started, make sure you have all the necessary parts readily available. Remove the factory stereo from your car as well. You may remove the hazard lights button from the factory radio, as you will be attaching it to the eBay faceplate just before installing. Keep track of screws and where they came from, you will be reusing many of them!

[*] Gutting the Euro Radio

At this point, we can start gutting the radio. Start by removing the back circuit board of the climate control board. It is held in by a few screws. When the screws are removed, you will be left with a circuit board that has a black plastic back and a connector on the front and back. Set this aside for now, we will come back to it after. Now, we must remove the actual climate control front-facing circuit board. There is a thin ribbon cable that attaches the radio to the climate controls. Just disconnect it. I don't know what the cable does but it seemingly has worked fine for months without it connected. Once the circuit board is removed, we can take out the button caps, grey rubber button membrane and trim rings. Transplant these onto the new faceplate.

Finally, we're at the part where patience is required. We need to get the VFD filter. To get good access to it, we need to remove the whole faceplate of the Euro radio. Unscrew everything and remove the faceplate. There will be a lot of screws that are going to not have any purpose going forward, set them aside so your dogs/cats/small children don't eat them. The filter is held in by clips and adhesive. To remove it, you have to release the clips and press the filter out towards the back of the faceplate. Take your time with the process as you're breaking the adhesion and it will eventually come loose then pop out. Once obtained, pop it into the new faceplate.

[*] Putting it Together

We can now put it all together. Wipe the back of the VFD filter and the display with a microfiber cloth, making sure there's no dust. Screw in the front facing circuit board. Once attached, connect the back circuit board with the black plastic back and screw it in.

Now, the climate control portion is done. Take the mounting brackets from the Euro radio and attach them to the new faceplate. With these attached, you can install your double DIN. Screw in your hazard lights button. Now what's left is the the Temp stickers. For this, I used a thin blade and peeled them off then glued them back on with some superglue.