LegacyGT.com

Meth Injection Failsafe Tuning

jasqi

I plan on going with a Snow Performance Stage 2 Kit for Meth Injection. It states it has 4 fail safes, and I've heard of people wiring it in a way where the car has 2 maps (Meth/Non-Meth) and when a failsafe is triggered the ECU switches to another map. I've heard of people using the Cobb Flex Fuel Kit and tapping into the TGV, but I still don't fully understand how this operates. Would the map switching be controlled through the Cobb, or the ECU? And would I have to purchase the flex fuel kit to use this feature. I've also heard of grounding out the test mode connector at failsafe, but again I don't fully understand how this is tuned, and split into a failsafe map.

That feels over complicated. I set mine up so that if the meth fails it goes to spring pressure only boost. I was running a 15lb spring on a 20g.

If you meth fails all you want to do it know so you dont blowup the car and get home. Anything else is too much engineering IMO

The stock ECU has failsafe maps that are triggered under certain conditions (certain codes, I guess the test mode connector like you suggest), so you could use the meth controller failsafe to trigger the failsafe code. Then you just tune the failsafe maps to your non-meth injection maps, and use the regular maps as the meth injection maps.

With Cobb FlexFuel kit, it's similar, except you don't need to rely on the failsafe maps, and can just use the multiple maps the kit provides to be a meth/non-meth (instead of E85/93 for example). The TGV sensor input is used to control the blending between the maps.